“Wonderful the hotel was beautiful”

Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
Ranked #61 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
“Wonderful the hotel was beautiful”
Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed for the weekend the staff was great the location was perfect food was great and very helpful for booking tours and rooms beautiful if your visiting DC this is the place to stay its only been open 4 months and they make you feel so welcome

1 Thank Allie0413
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Hello Allie0413,
What a pleasure it was to read about your recent stay with us! Our team strives to create a positive experience for all of our guests, and to exceed all expectations. It was our pleasure to serve you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 September 2014

As a platinum member, I have stayed in a lot of Marriott properties. This one is excellent in many ways.

1) The concierge lounge is open 24 hours and stocked with great options. When I was there, they were still working out a few quarks and were very short on sparkling water. It gets busy, buts that's okay because it is a really large lounge

2) The hotel itself is very modern, and reminds me of a high-end hotel in Europe.

3) I received a nice room, which as a platinum member is critical.

4) It is a little bit of a walk to the metro (only a few blocks), which removes it from my list of top hotels in DC. But really not a big deal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello Sypder,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We certainly appreciate all of our Elite members, and I would like to personally thank you for your loyalty, as a Platinum member, to the Marriott brand. We were so pleased to see that your were able to enjoy our M Club Lounge. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Exciting interior architecture, super comfortable rooms, excellent convention rooms, all amenities you want throughout the facility PLUS the staff is superb and the food doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I love this place and hope to return again soon!

Hello Patty8888,
What a pleasure it was to read about your recent stay with us! We were so pleased to see your convention meetings went well, and that your stay with us was enjoyable. Our team strives to create a positive experience for all of our valued guests. Hopefully we will get the chance to serve you again soon!
Upland, California
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I stayed in this new Marriott with my family for two days. It was a wonderful place convenient to most city attractions. The place was clean everywhere and the staff attentive and polite. To top it off the prices for two rooms were affordable. I did not have a car so not sure about parking but I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Hello Himayun,
Thank you for taking the time to review how your recent stay with us went! It was such a pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and positive interactions with our team. It was our pleasure to house you and your family- we hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I was in DC for a conference right next door at the convention center.You can bet that I was extremely happy when I found out this hotel was part of a room block for an upcoming event. The cool part was that it was not open for reservations to the general public. It was pretty cool and probably rare to be the first to stay at a hotel.
The first thing I noticed upon arrival was how nice and happy everyone was. I did not encounter a single person who was grumpy or not willing to help. I hope the excitement and energy continues after the newness of things fades. The check in process was pretty smooth and they even went out of the way to extend my reservation since I couldn't with the event room block.

The next thing is the open lobby area and the huge sculpture that is in the middle. I can't remember what it is but it is very eye catching and picture worthy. Also, on the lobby level is the High Velocity sports bar and a Starbucks among other restaurants. Those were the only two places I ate at so I can only speak to them. The High Velocity sports bar is my kind of place. There are a ton of TVs and I loved it. I couldn't decide where to look as there was something on for all (if you like sports). The service was great as was the food and my moscow mule.
The only let down I had was with my room. I thought since it was a Marquis property it might have a little more fanciness but it did not. However, it did not disappoint and had plenty of outlets in convenient places. The room was a typical Marriott room only brand new.

The club lounge for elite members was pretty fantastic! Apparently it is a new concept lounge. I loved it and the staff there were so nice! I got to know them pretty well after my 8 day stay. They offer internet and outlets so I was able to work from there a couple of times and there is a great view of the Washington Monument. They serve breakfast and have a "happy hour" in the evening. I loved being able to go there just about anytime and grab bottled water or a soda.

The location of this hotel is great although a little bit away from the main DC attractions. I ended up walking down to the National Mall, renting a bike from the bike share stand and biking around the National Mall and monuments, returning the bike near the Smithsonians and taking a tour of a couple of those, and then walking back to my hotel. Luckily the weather wasn't too bad when I went and I had packed my walking shoes because I did a lot of walking. All in all this is a great hotel to stay in especially if you are going to be at the convention center.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello JaiHook,
What a pleasure it was to read about your recent stay with us! We certainly strive to create memorable experiences for all of our guests, and are so pleased you had an enjoyable stay. Our M Club Lounge is a great amenity which is available to our Gold and Platinum Elite guests. The pictures you included are both very well done! Thank you again, and we hope to see you in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 September 2014

It really is a beautiful hotel - inside and out. It's conveniently located - just walking distance to the white house and a very short cab ride away from other monuments and attractions and the Reagan airport is about 15 minutes away or you can take the metro, there's a stop a few blocks away from the hotel. Being that it is a brand new hotel, I believe it just opened only a few months ago, they're still working out a few kinks. We called for room service a couple of times, and no one answered. The conference we were attending, apparently had a few hiccups (none that we could tell) but the staff did work to correct it immediately.

The price is extremely reasonable - especially since counterparts charge at least $50 more a night. I did notice though, that this was more of a business-friendly hotel, didn't see so many families walking around. Check in was easy, no long lines. The fitness center is top notch.

My only real complaint, per usual with these large hotels, is that insist on charging you $15/day to access the internet from your room - what a rip off. They do at least make up for this by having computer kiosks located in the lobby where you can access the internet for free.

Overall, I would more than likely stay here again should I find myself in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello Sptaz33,
Thank you for taking the time to review how your recent stay with us went. The Marriott Marquis Washington DC is located in a prime location, readily accesible to many attractions around the DC metro area. I apologize that you had a difficult time requesting room service through your stay.
Our property does have computer kiosks located in our lobby, which are available for our guests to use at no additional cost. We also offer complimentary WIFI for our guests, within our hotel lobby. WIFI is also available within our guest rooms for an additional $12.95 per day.
Thank you again for taking the time to review the Marriott Marquis Washington DC. We hope to see you again soon!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed here 3 nights for Pokemon World Championships. Our first room was nice when we first walked in but then we looked outside and we had a view of boarded up buildings. Then I looked at the floor and it was not vacuumed. I called front desk and told them and they quickly changed our room to the front of the building with a great view and clean rugs. We had a wheelchair accessible room but when they changed our rooms it was not, we kept it as it still had room for my husbands chair. We got the breakfast and internet package, the buffet breakfast was amazing and so worth getting it in the package. The sports bar had great food and ambiance, the one evening we ate at the hotel. We met the assistant manager upon check out and he was very nice and apologized for the first room. Valet was not bad, a little unorganized but very friendly. Once they work out the kinks of being a new hotel, it will be very nice. I would give it another chance for sure!

Hello THollingsworth,
Thank you for taking the time to review how your recent stay with us went! I apologize that you were not happy with your first room, but we were pleased to see you approved of your new room placement. Within our property we have five different food outlets, and I agree that the buffet option at our Anthem restaurant is a delicious choice. We hope to see you again in the near future! If you do decide to book another stay with us, please feel free to reach out to me to ensure you and your husband receive a wheelchair accesible room.
Take Care,