“Great Find”

Reedsville, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Find”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We were deciding among restaurants in the Adams-Morgan neighborhood, and a diner enthusiastically waved us in from the front window and recommended the Bardia's New Orleans Cafe. We were glad she did. The authentic Cajun food was a treat, the owner (who was also our waiter) was very interesting to talk to, and the beignets (brought out after dinner at no charge) were outstanding.

Overall atmosphere was relaxed (we lingered quite a while) and the prices were quite reasonable.

A great find even with many other choices in the area!

Visited March 2013

Pennington, New Jersey
“What a Treat!”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My daughter and I just had a wonderful evening at New Orleans Cafe! It was a frigid winter's night and we chose a table in the window looking onto 18th Street. The owner placed two space heaters near our table and we were toasty warm the entire time. (I do not love restaurants where sitting near a window means freezing and drafts.)

The owner is one of the nicest people I have ever met. My daughter visits the restaurant only occasionally, but he remembered her and treated her like an old friend. He made us feel that it was important to him that we have a very special experience while we were in his establishment.

We started with an order of catfish bites, followed by jambalaya for me and etouffee for my daughter. It was all delicious and fresh. The end of our meal was beignets, which were dreamy, better than that I had in the city of New Orleans!

My own mother once told me that when you live in a big city, your neighborhood and favorite restaurants become your small village within the city. New Orleans Cafe exemplifies this sense of warmth and caring...along with wonderful food!!

• Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love Bardia”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

The owner and staff are so nice. They are genuine about the customer having a very nice experience. The food is a little bland, but you go for the friendly vibe and drinks.

• Visited November 2012
cleveland
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Had the alligator gumbo for appetizer (recommended by the owner, also our waiter) and it was delicious (5.50 a cup). I had the shrimp and chicken etoufee which was by far the best I have ever had, perfectly seasoned Wife had the prime rib po'boy which was delicious as well. We got the beignets for dessert and were also very good. If i lived in DC i would be here for food all the time and couldnt stop talking about it all week!

• Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love This Place!”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

It's intimate, it isn't fussy and the food is good. Things I've had that I like are the gumbo (all kinds), Catfish bites (the sauce is good), salad (I like the dressing), the seafood linguini was VERY tasty, and the beignets...I would actually hurt someone to get some (kidding)! But what makes the place so wonderful is the owner, Bardia. He's one of the kindest people you'll ever meet. And I like how I can kind of peek into the kitchen and see the staff making everything FRESH! I love the place!

• Visited February 2012