“Amazing Interactive experience appropriate for all ages”

Marian Koshland Science Museum
Ranked #212 of 458 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Koshland Science Museum invites teens and adults to interact with the issues in a thought-provoking setting. Whether exploring on their own or with friends, visitors have the opportunity to use science to solve problems and engage in stimulating conversations. The Koshland Science Museum is located two blocks from two Metro stations: Gallery Pl-Chinatown and Judiciary Square. Please note that last admission is at 5pm and we do not accept cash.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My 13 yo son and I spent 3 hours here. AMAZING!!! The technology interfaces seemlessly with the learning experience. We tried the texting driving simulator over and over....
This is a MUST see museum. Docents are extremely helpful and intelligent. There is learning to be 'had' on everything from climate change - including an amazing NOAA globe - to risk behavior analysis. We both loved this experience!

4  Thank PrincetonBelle

Reviewed 11 February 2013

I researched science museums to visit in DC that specifically dealt with some science topics that my son was researching. This museum had the information, it was intimate enough that it wasn't overwhelming, and he was able to participate in all of the interactive exhibits. It took about an hour to go through and I felt we both got a lot out of it, but I knew what my expectations were going in; i.e. need something small, something to hold my son's interest, and something we could do on a late Sunday afternoon. It's not the Smithsonian, so don't make comparisons, but if you would like something educational to do with your kids that are middle-school age, I think it's fine. I parked across the street from the FBI building and walked a couple of blocks to the museum. There are restaurants in the area, too, and it was clean and I felt very safe. Yes, I paid $8 for the both of us, but honestly, who can complain when so many great museums in DC are free?

2  Thank Gozzies
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Some interesting exhibits. The volunteers are all very friendly. We did a memory activity which was fun. The exhibits offer a lot of great information and are pretty interactive which makes them more fun and keep your attention.

2  Thank Cherie J
Reviewed 8 August 2012

There was no guidance or sense to the museum's layout. My son said it should be called an arcade, not a museum, since it was entirely electronics-based.
We were extremely disappointed. It was tiny, screens-only.

2  Thank platinumforever
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I thought it was going to be like my home town science center with interactive exhibits. These were interactive, but all computer-based things. It was VERY tiny. I don't feel it was worth the price. They had interesting information that I am actually interested in, but it's not for everyone.

1  Thank CriMsoNMiSSinG