“Excellent stay!!”

Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Colombia
“Excellent stay!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just got back from staying two weeks at the AKA. What a wonderful stay I had. The room (one bedroom) was amazing, well appointed, comfy bed, ample living room space, nice kitchen, everything you need for a long stay. Also, the washer and dryer are a heaven sent!! fantastic!! I did laundry twice while I was there and they even provided the soap. Also, for the kitchen there was soap, towels, sponge and basic things you'd need for cleaning up. They have a dishwasher though. One morning I was rnning late for work so I left a few dirty plates in the sink thinking I'd do them when I got back....oh surprise when I returned that night to find my bed made and my dishes done, PERFECT! Staff at the lobby are super nice. I also used their gym and it was perfect for a quick workout before heading to work. They also provide towels and water in there. The bathroom was very spacious and clean. I overall enjoyed my stay at the AKA very much and I can't wait to return. I would definitely use them again. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lorelai25
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for the fantastic feedback on your recent experience with us here at AKA White House! With our fully furnished suites, fantastic location, and dedicated staff, AKA White House is your home away from home. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your suite and hotel amenities alike; and found our dedicated staff helpful during your stay! We strive to continue to make AKA White House your number one option when in search of luxury extended stay within Washington, DC. Again, we appreciate your wonderful feedback and look forward to your next stay with us at AKA White House.

888.aka.0210

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at AKA Whitehouse. Service is great, had no issues what so ever. Can walk to all museums, metro right down street. It is like a condo, full size kitchen, bath and half. Felt quilty having so much room, free HBO.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank w0lfe01
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Thrilled to hear AKA White House is your number one choice when in search for luxury extended stay in Washington, DC! With our fully furnished suites, central location, and dedicated staff, AKA White House is your home away from home. The best of DC is easily accessible from our door steps, including Smithsonian museums, the National Mall, and the White House is right next door. We are glad to know you enjoyed the comforts of your suite with upgraded HDTV, high speed WiFi, and ample living space. We sincerely thank you again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you home the next time you stay with us here at AKA White House.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were in DC on a family trip, 4 adults and we stayed for 2 nights. The suite was everything we could have wished for, with ample space for comfortable family time, and the bedrooms were very comfortable and well appointed. Great location too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Oriana T
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Resident Representative at AKA White House, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
We sincerely appreciate your fantastic feedback on your experience with us here at AKA White House! Great to hear your visit was full of family enjoyment and your suite was of best comfort. With a fully furnished kitchen, spacious living accommodations, and 24/7 concierge services, AKA White House is your number one choice when in search of luxury extended stay within our nation's capital And with our central location, the best of Washington DC is right at your finger tips including top rated restaurants, The National Mall, and most famous address of all, the White House - all a short walk away. Thank you, again, for your positive feedback and we look forward to your next stay with us here at AKA White House.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel was in the perfect location for what we wanted and needed to do inD.C. However, I found the concierge to be very hard to understand and either completely unaware of his job description, or just very unhelpful. I rely on the help of the concierge for the "inside scoop" on where to go to eat, and secret gems of the cities I travel to, so this was clearly a big disappointment.
The room was clean and spacious.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Front Office Manager at AKA White House, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback! While we are happy to hear your accommodations fit your needs, we do regret any inconvenience caused to you by our front desk. Rest assured this is not a normal occurrence. Our resident representatives are here to assist in all resident needs, 24/7. Whether dinning recommendations, or site-seeing information is requested, our staff is here to exceed all your expectations. Rest assured we will speak with our team and as always, if you require any additional information, please do ask for our Front Office Manager. Please feel free to contact the property directly when booking your next stay so we may assist in designing a stay catered to your specific needs. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next lodging dates with us at AKA White House!

New York
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I was in DC for a few days for work and I can't speak highly enough of AKA White House. The staff were great and the room was amazing! They are in a great location that makes it easy to get anywhere on DC. The lobby is welcoming and warm; great lounge. Looking forward to being back sooner rather than later!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank nycnrf00
Thank you for positive feedback! Our number one goal is your complete satisfaction and were are thrilled to hear your stay reflected that notion. With our outstanding staff, central location, and fully furnished luxury suites, AKA White House is your number one choice when in search of luxury extended stay. Great to hear you enjoyed a.lounge as well! Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you upon your return to AKA White House.

THREE LAKES
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter & I stayed at the AKA for 5 nights & had the best time. The accommodations were everything we could ask for - clean, spacious, tastefully decorated - and very comfortable beds. The location is ideal to see all the sights of DC - walking distance to most.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JAYME L
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Front Office Manager at AKA White House, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We appreciate your positive feedback! AKA White House is your number one choice when in search of luxury extended stay within our Nation's Capital. Great to hear you enjoyed your suite! Our fully furnished suites, outstanding staff, and central location provide residents an opportunity to experience the highest level of satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us at AKA White House.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed here for four moths while on a temporary work assignment. anf thoroughly enjoyed both the location and accommodations. The staff was friendly and always willing to make things right when something was a little off. I had a few problems when I was first checking in but the General Manager Aaron Gillespie was fantastic and went out of his way to make it right. I highly recommend that if you are considering staying here for a ling period of time that you pick up the phone and call and talk to the local sales agents rather than the agents on the 1-800 number. The 1-800 agents will tell you anything to get you to book and that information is not always 100% accurate - I learned that the hard way. A great big thanks to Aaron for making it right!

After the miscommunication was corrected - I never had any issues and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The front desk clerks were all very helpful and you wont find anyone better than Jeffrey, Pauni, Thao and Aisha or Stephen - the manager.

The room was fantastic and offered most of the amenities from home. The square footage was more than enough to be comfortable during my extended stay. I tire quickly of eating out so I enjoyed being able to cook for myself. Peapod delivers to this location and Whole Foods is a short walk away. If they happen to show up early on their delivery time the front desk will make sure that your food is properly put away so it wont melt all over the hallway.

The bar staff is equally helpful and friendly. Tasha is now gone but Jenny, and now Jeffrey form the front desk, will take care of you. They both know how to make a great Old Fashioned and Jeffrey's dirty Martini is spot on!

If you want to be near the action but not a part of it then this is location. Just ask for a room away from the elevators - unless you want to hear everyone coming and going all day and night.

Room Tip: Avoid room close to the elevator - unless you want to hear everyone coming and going all day and nig...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gayle A
AKAWhiteHouseGM, Front Office Manager at AKA White House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback! Our team at AKA White House is dedicated to our residents and guests alike. As such, we are thrilled to hear your stay reflected this notion. We are thrilled to hear your found our Front Desk and Bar staff, along with our GM, accommodating throughout your stay. Our number one goal is your complete satisfaction. Great to hear your enjoyed your suite as well as the a.lounge! Our lounge is available from 4PM-11PM nightly for residents and guests alike to unwind and relax in our plush and inviting atmosphere. With our spacious living accommodations, outstanding staff, and central location, AKA White House is unparalleled in choosing a luxury extended stay in Washington, DC. We greatly appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you “home” again to AKA White House.