“Beautiful place”

and up
Half-Day Grand Tour of Washington DC
Ranked #120 of 465 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Also known as the palace of DC. The architecture is more than magnificent, it shows the European influence in the early years of the government buildings. It's a true palace in the capital of the US.

All reviews
"security"
"awe"
"beauty"

Reviewed 18 February 2013

The Old Executive Office Building in Washington DC is incredible. This building is packed with interesting architectural details inside and outside. I came to a meeting there and walked up the marble steps and actually sat at a conference table that belonged to Abraham Lincoln. Try and get a tour if you can.

5  Thank 18rusty
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I got to visit when a friend who worked there took us for a tour. From the Indian Treaty Room to the White House Bowling Alley, the Old Executive Office Building is full of surprises. Keep your eyes open and you'll see a few famous faces hustling off to the West Wing.

2  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I've actually not been inside. So I can't attest to the awesomeness of that; however, for 5 years, I worked right around the corner and found myself in awe anytime I was able to sneak a peek. The building is absolutely stunning. It's also supposedly haunted (as I learned on a ghost tour of dc - 2nd date with my now husband). I imagine, with an exterior as remarkable as this, the interior of the building would be pretty amazing, too.

1  Thank christinamcp