“Great location. Great stay.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Chicago, Illinois
“Great location. Great stay.”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

If you want a good base in DC this is a great hotel. All of the area attractions are a walk but certainly manageable from the Embassy Suites. It's also close to a Metro station although we just chose to walk. The rooms were very comfortable and good to just hang out in. And the beds themselves were very comfortable. We took advantage of the morning breakfast and while extremely busy every day we were there the staff was very friendly. The quality of the food was average but met expectations. On a couple of nights we also took advantage of the manager's reception. This is a nice perk but one of the nights and relatively early they ran out of several drinks such as the beer selection. The bartender also seemed to be quite frazzled ( seemed like it may have been unusually busy) but it showed in her service and wanting to hurry through the forming line. The hotel has valet parking at $39 a night. This seemed a bit steep but may be on par with other hotels in the area. It did provide for in and out access at no extra charge. I also knew about the parking cost before booking so this wasn't a surprise. Given the choice I would definitely stay at this Embassy Suites again. The location was great and was just a nice place to come back to at the end of a long day of sightseeing.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We spent 2 days in Embassy Suites and everything there was good for us. The lobby is clean and bright. The room is comfortable. We loved the bed and had very good sleeps on it. Breakfast is not that tasty but still good. There are only 2 things I want to complain. First, there is only free internet access by cable. I brought MacBook Air, iPhone, and iPad and I had to go to the lobby to use the internet. Second, the pool is too small to contain so many guests. Especially, there were too many children jumping into the pool. It's really annoying when you wanna go swimming after a long day walking outside. Anyway, considering the price and the environment, I'd like to stay at Embassy Suite again if I visit D.C. other days.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SamLee81
California
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I just returned from a 5 night stay and I must say it was an awesome experience. Thanks to trip advisor I chose this hotel and have no regrets. One thing I might share was that based on most of the reviews, the customer service here is top notch. I must have showed up on a bad day. When I arrived at approximately 12:30 I was told that my room was not ready, which I expected. I was then asked for my cell and would receive a call once the room was ready. At 2:30 I showed up, sat in the lobby and watched and waited for 15 minutes before finally walking up to the counter. The lady said oh your room has been ready for awhile! Thanks for no call. Besides that, both of the employees I dealt with never mentioned anything to me about anything. The only reason I knew so much about the hotel was from reading the comments on trip advisor. Not even a mention of the breakfast hours, the managers reception, nor any recommendations about anything. So again I assume I came on a bad day. Other than the poor service I received when I checked in, the rest of my stay was enjoyable and pleasant, and would not hesitate staying here again. Thanks for a wonderfull vacation.

1 Thank Tony_Gomez
madison
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed at Emabassy Suites Washington-Convention Center for a week in August. Our stay was fantastic! The rooms were clean and spacious. My husband, myself, and our four children (5-12) were very comfortable. The free breakfast was amazing--cooked to order omelettes or a traditional buffet style breakfast. We returned to the hotel every evening for the managers reception which is free drinks and snacks. The snacks were a little lacking, but the drinks leave little to complain about. Every member of the staff we interacted with was pleasant and helpful. From giving us bottled water on our way out, to arranging for a cab to take us to the airport. They gave us suggestions on where to eat, what to see, and how to get there. We were within walking distance of everything, and when we got tired, it was a cheap, short cab ride back to the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the DC area.

Room Tip: Corner Suties are quiet and spacious.
1 Thank wigirl87
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Hi wigirl87,

What a nice review you posted on Trip Advisor to share your experience at our Hotel. I am not sure that I could have summarized what we offer as a hotel as well as you articulated your actual experience. I do know how lucky I am to be part of such a great hotel that is in a prime location, but hearing it confirmed from that of a guest who lived it is far better.

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff so they know we have another satisfied guest to be proud of. All I ask of you is that you make your way back to DC with the family and enjoy it all over again. I am quite certain there are several things on your list that did not get checked off. We can help with that! Look forward to seeing you next time.

Charles.Hill@hilton.com
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Our flight arrived a few hours & our suite wasn't available, but we were warmly greeted by the desk clerks (Bruno & the young lady...I didn't catch her name). They were both very hospitable & told us about securing our luggage while we waited, & even gave us directions & ideas about where to go to grab a bite until our suite was ready. Upon returning to the hotel (we were kinda exhausted), & it was nice to know that our suite was ready. The hotel was everything we'd hoped for & more (which was great considering we chose the DC area as our location to be married). The manager's reception every evening was nice. The only drawback was they should've had the snacks closer to the bar to eliminate the line being backed-up out of the door to the elevator. Taxis were always available--lined-up on the curb--waiting to chauffeur you to your destination. Being downtown gave us the impressions that the area may be noisy, but it was the exact opposite. The only noise we heard was a baby crying next door (which was a couple of nights into our stay). The location was great for taking walks to see the sights-which we enjoyed to the fullest!!! We will most definitely visit this hotel again (& again, & again...)--especially on our anniversaries. This was a wonderful vacation/romantic getaway--& it will make many memories from vacations to come.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marie C
CharlesHill900, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Greetings Marie C,

As the title of your review suggests, the story you told was Great! Thank you for letting us know. We take the service of our guests very seriously and Bruno at our Front Desk will be recognized for helping make your trip a great experience.

From the review it appears you have a wedding in the DC area coming up? I don't want to be too nosey, but I know of a great location in the heart of the city that would be proud to host your event or out of town travelers. :) In all seriousness, congratulations and we would be proud to welcome you back for any of your anniversaries or quick getaways to DC. Next time let us know when you are coming and we will make sure it is a romantic excursion.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Mechanicsville, Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I spent 10 days on business at this hotel and it was a very pleasant stay. I was in a corner executive suite on the 5th floor and it was spacious, very clean and comfortable. The room had a sink, mini-fridge, microwave, small coffee pot, and 4 person dining table. The living room had a comfortable sofa that also pulled out as a bed, a nice flat-screen TV and comfortable chairs. The bedroom had a very large dresser, a very comfortable king bed and another flat-screen TV.

Housekeeping was very good and all of the staff were very nice and helpful.

I really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast that included cooked to order omelets. There was also a buffet that included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit. and pancakes, waffles or french toast varied through out the week. Be mindful that if you go to breakfast during peak breakfast hours, you will find lines but I found they moved at a reasonable pace.

The evening Manager's Reception was a nice touch with bar snacks and complimentary alcohol.

There is a gym and a small indoor pool although I didn't have time to use either but I took a quick look and they both seemed nice.

The location can't be beat...just one block from the Convention Center and several blocks from the National Mall and Museums. A CVS and Safeway are all within walking distance and you have to love the Starbucks that is right across the street.

This hotel is sold out on a daily busy so it is a very busy hotel but it is also a very nice place. I can understand why it is so popular. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A room on the "K Street" side might be more quiet than a room on the New York Avenue side...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Hi Duckie226,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. It is so great to see we had the chance to be your home away from home for 10 days while traveling on business. From all the details in your review it certainly shows that you had a chance to experience all the amenities and benefits of our hotel and I am not sure I could have expressed them better. I can imagine travelers from all over will appreciate your thoroughness and detailed approach to painting a complete picture of your experience. It is definitely appreciated by me.

While you mention the hotel is busy, please don't hesitate to reach out if you are in need of coming back to DC. For someone that stayed 10 nights and was so willing to post a review I will always be able to find room. Until next time, travel safely and often!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This was my second stay in DC and I booked this hotel based on its proximity to The Mall but at an affordable price. The hotel is excellent from checking in with helpful staff who even gave my daughter a bag of candy as a welcome (instantly becoming a favourite hotel for her).
The rooms are lovely, immaculately cleaned and very spacious. It was only the two of us but the suite would easily accomodate four.

The breakfast offered everything you could imagine and whilst the queues were long for omelettes there was plenty of other cooked, pastries, fruit, cereal and many other choices. The breakfast room was busy at times but the staff worked hard to keep everything fully stocked and tables cleaned quickly.

The evening managers reception offered a different cocktail at night with snacks and unlimited soda for kids and free of charge.

I would recommend this hotel for its service, rooms and overall location with easy access to everything.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor as there is some traffic noise that can be heard if you are a light sl...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank alwall
Hello alwall,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for a second time. It says a lot when you are willing to come back again. From your review, it appears we were able to deliver a hospitable experience on just about all levels. You clearly know the benefits of staying at an Embassy Suites and I am just delighted to see our service made a difference. If there is one thing we have learned over the years, it is make the kids happy. If they have a good time, everything else falls into place.

I see that you traveled quite a distance to stay with us and while this was your second trip, I am hopeful there will be a need to come back to DC again. I am up for making it three stays and I am hoping the same is true for you. If you need any assistance with reservations, please don't hesitate to let me know.