Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
nassau, United States
“busy near all”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very well located for walkable activities busy busy but they handle it all. The resturant was excellent especially the lunch it was a great deal for the money and very delicious! If you're visting the White House its an easy walk. If you're headed to the Capitol it's a ling walk but doable on a nice day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Hello Janet C!

Thank you for the great review! I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay here in Washington DC and at the Embassy Suites DC Convention Center. I know just how lucky we are to be so centrally located, but really appreciate you sharing your experience.

Next time travel brings you to DC, I expect to see you back here! :)

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
orange co., CA
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice location for tourists, terrible happy hour ( managers reception), warm beer same snacks 3 days straight. Breakfast was pretty good but the bagels and pastries were STALE. I would not stay there again. We stayed in four other Embassy Suite in the VA, NC, area this was by far the worst

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Greetings Richard J,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stand and want to let you know I have discussed with my Food & Beverage team to address. We have made some changes in the past few weeks that I believe speak to your concerns and am confident you will find our Evening Reception in line with the other Embassy Suites properties you mentioned. If you have a need to travel back to DC, please let me know as I would appreciate getting your feedback now that you have let us know about your concerns. Until then, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Embassy was one of the choices for a conference. We have used the Embassy Suites on many occassions. The hotel was close to the conference center, and to the Metro system. We used the Metro extensively when not on business. My negative remarks are: 1. People within a close distance view this hotel as a "family" stay, due to the amenities. There were kids everywhere, especially the pool area on the weekends. 2. The hotel was not as nice as other Embassy Suites we have stayed in - needs a little uplift. Good comments - service was good, food was ok. If returning for pleasure, I would consider another Embassy Suites a little further out of downtown, but close to the Metro.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hi mtgijoe!

Thank you for staying with us in November! We do have a very central location here in the city and I am glad you found that to be convenient for your needs.

Your comments are appreciated and taken to heart. As an Embassy Suites, we do cater to not only the business traveler, but families as well. Depending upon the time of year, we can have a fairly even mix with our guests, but generally business travel happens Sunday-Thursday and leisure travel is heavy on Friday & Saturday. If you were not pleased with the variety of guests during your stay, I apologize for that.

We do have about 5 Embassy Suites in the Washington DC Metro Area and while I do like to think we have the best location, the other properties are good options as well. Should rooms not be available or location not be as important I encourage you to take a look at some of the other locations. In the end, I would much rather you come back and stay with us, but your happiness is the most important thing.

Thank you again and have a great Holiday Season!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com
Johnson City, New York
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Friends and I travelled to Washington for a concert and stayed at the Embassy Suites. We had a great stay. The location was in the heart of DC, near the metro and an easy walk to the theater. The complimentary manager's reception at night and the breakfast in the morning were both amazing and we appreciated them very much. Our suite was clean and comfortable. We loved our stay and would gladly stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caitlin E
Boston, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I work in the hotel industry and am always looking for the signs of excellent service. THIS HOTEL DELIVERS. The staff is the best in the industry and as hard as I tried I could not find anything wrong in their very comfortable room. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Eddie D
Hi Eddie D,

You are very kind to provide such a positive review of our hotel. I have often found that colleagues that work in the hotel industry are the biggest critics, so your review means quite a bit in my eyes.

I have shared your review with my team and thank you again for providing feedback. It is certainly nice to hear we are doing a good job and have made your stay comfortable.

I will look forward to welcoming you back when travel brings you to Washington DC. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need assistance with reservations. Until then, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is in walking distance to all museums, White House and National Mall. also, the on and off bus which takes you near everything. The staff at the front desk were great, .special kudos to Robby Sabala and Ma Jing. The concierge also helped us get a table for 12 on a Fri. nite at the District Chop House. Great breakfast and evening reception, a little hectic when busy, but the staff really tries to keep things moving.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Augusta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Great room with modern touches! Roomy in size! Staff pleasant with wonderful customer service & breakfast provided tasted great! Good fitness center! Only downside is difficulty in connecting to free WiFi in lobby and lack of working available business computers

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business