Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Terrance the hotel Bellman offers down home hospitality! Terrance assisted with me my bags, took the time to get me directions, wrote them out for me (step by step) and got me on my way. Terrance has a huge heart and goes above and beyond for the Hotel's guests. You are the best Terrance! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (3,224)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I felt the need to write a review... for the past 5 years, I have been traveling on a semi-regular basis throughout the United States. Without a question of doubt, this hotel is FAR superior to any other hotel; since I am Marriott gal, that is saying A LOT.
The room was large for Washington... the extra living area with microwave and refrigerator was welcomed! The bed was comfortable, and more importantly, the entire room was CLEAN. Yes, there were a few moments where I heard people in the next room, but come on, we're in a hotel. The complementary breakfast was more than adequate; I suggest getting your eggs (any way you want them) at the omelet station, because I found the scrambled eggs at the buffet to be runny and the waffles soggy. But the individuals at the omelet station work hard and fast to please. Oh, and if you are an oatmeal fan, there's is yummy.
I did have several packages delivered to the hotel, which I needed for a presentation on Wednesday. On Monday, they were not at the hotel, and yet, UPS said they were delivered. To make a LONG story short, they were delivered to another STATE... the hotel staff and especially the front desk supervisor, CJ, helped me find my packages. They made phone calls for me and offered to drive me to pick up the packages. It is because of CJ that my packages found their way to me; he was AWESOME. The ENTIRE hotel was on the look-out for my packages; I was freaking out, and they were calm and re-assuring. Someone called my cell when they arrived to assure that I had a good day, and when I came back, the boxes were already in my room.
Everyone at the hotel knew my name... everyone was genially interested in my workshop... oh, I must mention housekeeping. I left my room early one morning and asked the housekeeper if she could make up my room early. She told me that it was not her room, but she would be happy to do it for me right then. I almost passed out!
This is THE hotel of THE year for CUSTOMER SERVICE... everything else was great, too! A SPECIAL thank you to CJ and the night manager (whose name slips me now!). I WILL recommend your hotel to EVERYONE I can; I know that my workshop would never have even occurred without CJ's help, and I am forever grateful. When you stay a this hotel, tell CJ hello for me.
Oh, did I mention the hotel is within EASY walking distance to the convention center and most of what you want to see. The hotel concierge (another wonderful man!) will be happy to recommend restaurants and give directions that you actually can follow.
I'm sure by now you understand why, for me, this hotel is the best and of the best!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hello Beginningsteps,

This is simply an awesome review and I am just delighted to read it and see all the references to great customer service. It has long been an internal mission to be Washington's Friendliest Hotel and your review helps confirm we are doing a pretty good job.

I have personally thanked CJ, our Night Manager Joseph and even our Concierge Antonio. In addition, I have shared your review with the entire team. I will post this one up for all the see and celebrate.

I know you stayed with us recently, but with travel bringing you back to DC over the past 5 years am hopeful you will continue to have a need here in our nation's capital. If so, we expect to see you back through our front doors so we can welcome you back. Until then, travel safely and often!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My room was clean and comfortable. The separate bedroom and living areas work well for business travel, although I didn't need to use the living area for this trip. The wireless worked well, although I don't like having to pay. Typical DC valet parking rates--ergo, high. But it's a convenient location and well-staffed in the lobby area. The manager's reception was so-so, but dinner in the restaurant was good and reasonably priced for the area. I've stayed before and I'll stay again for business.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Greetings lizardlips48!

First, great screen name. I can only imagine there is a good story to accompany its origin. Secondly, thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Always welcome constructive and positive feedback.

It would appear you were satisfied with your stay and to the point that you will come back and stay with us again. I am also guessing that from the number of Trip Advisor contributions you have that you travel somewhat regularly and would like to point out that if you take part in the Hilton HHonors program, our Gold and Diamond status travelers receive complimentary High Speed Internet for their loyalty. In addition, really appreciate the feedback regarding our Restaurant, Finn & Porter. Our Executive Chef has been with us for about 3 months and the change is very apparent in our menu, food quality, and overall dining experience. Thank you for the praise.

I guess I will simply bid farewell until your next trip. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can assist with reservation assistance. Until then, travel safely and often!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The location is perfect if you have a conference at the convention center. Also close to China town and art museum. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are typical Embassy but a tad bit larger. Rooms were clean except for a small portion of the bathroom counter and an end table. Beds very comfortable. We were given a free upgrade to a larger room. There were 2 bath rugs in the bathroom, never seen that before! The pool and hot tub were good and the hot tub was actually hot! The breakfast was a bit sub par for an embassy. The omelet station was good and quick. A specialty omelet was offered each day. On the hot buffet, were runny scrambled eggs, soggy waffles or pancakes which were alternated each day, sausage, bacon and potatoes. The muffin and danish selection were the same each day. The offerings are varied more at other Embassy's. There were no flavored creamers offered. Other than the omelet station which is not offered at the Hampton, the breakfast at the Hampton was of better quality. Good and helpful staff.

Hi MinnesotaRanday!

I just wanted to express my thanks for sharing your experience at my hotel on Trip Advisor. It was our pleasure to be your host while visiting Washington DC and please know your feedback is appreciated. I will share your thoughts with my staff and congratulate on the successes and see if we can improve on your constructive feedback. Overall, you seem to be pleased with your stay and that is the most important thing.

Should travel bring you back to Washington DC, please keep us in mind so we can welcome you back!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I came with a large group of co-workers for a conference. The location was great for what we needed. The problem was at check in we were told that they did not have the rooms we booked available! We booked three rooms in JULY for two nights in NOVEMBER! They said they would "upgrade" us to a larger king size room, so now instead of two beds and a pull out couch, three people had to share a king size bed. If this was an upgrade, I would not have wanted to see a regular room. We had no other option, as all other nearby hotels were booked for this large conference. We asked for cots and were told they don't have any, it is a fire hazard. We asked to speak with a manage, get additional rooms, anything. The receptionist left, came back several minutes later and said they were borrowing cots from another hotel. Wait, I thought it is a fire hazard? Needless to say, we paid a lot of money to sleep on couches and cots. Also, it was very noisy each night. We were in a corner on the end, and still could hear EVERYTHING going on around us.

Greetings Amy E!

Let me start by apologizing for the experience you had at my hotel. I was made aware of this situation and assured my staff was able to make this up to you. Your review gives me the impression this is not the case. I would like to offer to personally discuss and make this right. While I have no acceptable excuse and we do as much as we can to manage against these types of situations and it is most important we take care of you. In regards to rollaway beds, we do not keep them on property because every suite has a pullout sofa bed. It is not a fire code violation to have them, but there is a maximum occupancy of 5 per room and we have found that supplying these beds encourages even more occupants than allowed.

While I did not see much about other aspects of your stay, I do understand your frustration has taken a front seat to the experience. Should you be willing or like to discuss further, my email is listed below. Please reach out at your convenience. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and I hope to hear form you!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very well located for walkable activities busy busy but they handle it all. The resturant was excellent especially the lunch it was a great deal for the money and very delicious! If you're visting the White House its an easy walk. If you're headed to the Capitol it's a ling walk but doable on a nice day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hello Janet C!

Thank you for the great review! I am so glad to see you enjoyed your stay here in Washington DC and at the Embassy Suites DC Convention Center. I know just how lucky we are to be so centrally located, but really appreciate you sharing your experience.

Next time travel brings you to DC, I expect to see you back here! :)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice location for tourists, terrible happy hour ( managers reception), warm beer same snacks 3 days straight. Breakfast was pretty good but the bagels and pastries were STALE. I would not stay there again. We stayed in four other Embassy Suite in the VA, NC, area this was by far the worst

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Greetings Richard J,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stand and want to let you know I have discussed with my Food & Beverage team to address. We have made some changes in the past few weeks that I believe speak to your concerns and am confident you will find our Evening Reception in line with the other Embassy Suites properties you mentioned. If you have a need to travel back to DC, please let me know as I would appreciate getting your feedback now that you have let us know about your concerns. Until then, travel safely and often!