“Great Location - Wonderful Staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The staff at this hotel were great, especially Deborah Gaines from housekeeping. She greeted me every day in the hall. Always asking if there was anything else she could do for me. She showed genuine interest in my comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Bonnie,

We are very glad you enjoyed a pleasant stay at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest Regards,
Charles Hill

Write a ReviewReviews (3,224)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very pleasant staff with excellent check-in experience. Cooked to order breakfast and Manager's Reception nightly make this hotel an attractive option. Our suite was very clean, comfortable and large with, two separate rooms with pull out sofa and two armchairs in living area. Rooms have a Fridge, Coffee Maker, Microwave and in-room safe. Unfortunately pool was closed while we were there but this is an excellent bonus in a city hotel. Nice bar area but this also incorporates the restaurant which I would really describe as bar food, not a restaurant.

Room Tip: Accessible rooms designed for wheelchairs with large walk-in shower area - no bath in this suite but...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tet1
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hi Tet1,

After traveling all the way from Dublin, thank you for letting us take care of you here in DC. Your review provides a very accurate description of your experience at my hotel and I am glad you had such positive things to say. I do apologize that the pool was closed while you were with us, but know this was not intentional. This need came up unexpectedly, but I appreciate your understanding. I am happy to report we are now back up and running and ready for the warm weather to hopefully follow.

It appears that you travel regularly and to as many different places as possible. While this trip might have crossed Washington DC off your list, I do hope we can welcome you back soon. Perhaps when the sun starts to melt the snow. Until then, travel safely and often!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a great stay. We went the week of Thanksgiving 2013 and the hotel was clean and all the staff was helpful and friendly. The front desk worker, Barbara, was the best! She helped us with directions, answered all our questions, and, most importantly, she made our teenage kids feel like they were special. She treated us like family. We love Barbara!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucy B
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Greetings Lucy B,

What a fantastic review of your experience at my hotel. I am so glad that the team, and especially Barbara were able to make a difference for you and your teenage kids. While I truly enjoy hearing about what our guests think of the hotel, I get no greater satisfaction than to hear we delivered on customer service. That is what it is all about for us.

Please know that I will share your review with the entire team and make sure that Barbara receives recognition for her efforts. Whether for Thanksgiving this year of just a weekend trip to DC, I hope we get the chance to welcome you back. Until then, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Two block walk to the Convention Center. Spacious rooms for a downtown hotel with helpful and pleasant staff. Manager's reception with free beer/wine/hearty snacks (really delish guar!) Starbuck's is directly across from the entrance. Very close to Chinatown!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rebecca B

Hi Rebecca B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and thoughts on Trip Advisor. More importantly, thank you for letting us take care of you while traveling into the city for business. I know there are a lot of options, but I am delighted you chose us and to make it even better we lived up to your expectations.

I see you are somewhat local in Leesburg, VA (not too far from where I am), but should the need arise to stay in the city, I hope you will look to us for accommodations. We hope to get the chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The hotel is clean and comfortable. A full breakfast is included with the room price, as is an evening reception. Both are worth trying. It is a 5 minute walk from either the Metro Center or Gallery Place metro stations. Make your reservation early to get the best price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank Keith I

Hello Keith I,

Great review and even better advice! I appreciate you for taking the time and effort to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. It is our goal to hear such great feedback from our guests and I thank you for your openness.

I don't know if travel brings you to DC often, but please know we would appreciate the chance to welcome you back. You know where we are. ;)

Charles.Hill@hilton.com

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed 5 days in a standard suite. Size of suite was good and it was clean. Nice that good sized bathroom was accessible w/o going thru bedroom. Nice that bedroom had door. Kitchenette perfect & clean coffee maker! Breakfast with custom omelets great. Nice evening reception with drinks and snacks. Convenient location to Newseum, spy museum and national mall & visits to American University & GWU. Metro stop an easy walk. Cons: sofa sleeper is only full sized wish it'd been a queen; pool closed for resurfacing but NOT noted on web site; valet parking only option and nearly $50/day; no moderately priced restaurants nearby (don't go to Casa Luca).
Overall, this Embassy Suites was a good value.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank ETravelers

Greetings ETravelers,

Thank you for letting the Embassy Suites be your home away from home while visiting Washington DC. Your review is concise yet informative and touches on some many good points. This goes hand in hand with your Senior Contributor status listed by Trip Advisor.

I see lots of positive feedback and I am glad we were able to keep you and your family happy. I am relieved to confirm that our pool is back up and running and apologize for any inconvenience. This was very last minute and unexpected which is why it was not posted in advance on our website. I also wanted to briefly mention that we only have a couple of restaurants within a 2 block radius (around 6-8), that number jumps to about 30 once you go to a 5 block radius. There are so many great options here in DC and we are lucky enough to be in City Center where so many great things are opening up.

I appreciate your time in posting this review and want to make sure you know we would be delighted to welcome you back should travel bring you our way. I'll even get a list together of some nice restaurants I would recommend. ;)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were there to attend a burial of my parents at Arlington Cemetery. We had approx. 35 people for a dinner at the hotel. The staff and servers were extremely nice. In fact every employee that we had contact with was remarkable in extending us hospitality. When we left the baggage person gave us some bottled water for our journey home. Our experience at this hotel went beyond our expectations and made the reason for our being there (burial) so much easier for my family. You have some really good people working there!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
3  Thank Amy L

Greetings Amy L,

I am sorry for your loss. I don't know the circumstances, but do know that regardless it is never easy. What a great honor to be able to lay them to rest at Arlington Cemetery. Whether it was one or both, I thank you for there service to our country!

The essence of hospitality is caring for others and I could not be happier to see your comments on how our staff made your family and friends feel. That in itself makes our job worthwhile. Thank you for giving us the opportunity take care of you while in DC.

I will share your review with the team and congratulate them on a job well done. I feel lucky to have the team that surrounds me, but it sure is nice to hear it from others! Please let me know if we can take care of you anytime you feel the need to come back. Our doors are always open!