“Above and beyond + shelter from the storm” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Anchorage, Alaska
“Above and beyond + shelter from the storm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

When a snow storm disrupted my travel plans, Kristopher Kameoka, director of front desk operations at Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Convention Center, and Joseph the night manager moved mountains to make my stay among the most pleasant I can recall. Hotel guests who were unable to leave due to the weather held up in rooms that were intended for me and some colleagues, but these guys set us up free at another Embassy hotel for the night and paid for our taxi in the morning. Once I finally arrived I was provided with a most sincere mea culpa letter, free internet, and a gift basket. What?! I had no expectation of receiving this exceptional service and was most pleased. To top things off the room was immaculate, the staff were friendly, and the restaurant and facilities were quite nice. This is the first review I've ever written for a hotel and it is most deserved.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello Wayward_Travel49,

While we are certainly not grateful for the circumstances we are beyond pleased that you took the time (a first for you no less) to write such a kind, gracious and pleasant review. We very well understand how difficult it can be for travelers during the snow-filled winter months and your understanding and sincerity means the world to us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Convention Center under better weather circumstances where we will undoubtedly make every attempt to match the wonderful experience you had before.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
scottsdale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I like that they leave bottles of water in your car when you park overnight as well as local directions and list if local radio stations. Very thoughtful. It's about 2 blocks from the convention center. Breakfast is ok with made to order omlettes, scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles. Good place to stay if you have a conference at Convention Center.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nvylocs
Hi nvylocs,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your thoughts on your experience here at the Embassy Suites. The feedback on the water bottles and the radio station recommendations is great, we appreciate that greatly.

We hope we can welcome you back to the Embassy Suites soon, until then safe and happy travels.

Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very nice stay for Convention across the street in Wash Conv Center. Large bedroom with small living room area that has a pull out couch. Wonderful full breakfast included. Very nice wine and snack hour in the evening (rather cheap wine providedI think.) Very modern and clean hotel with all the amenities. Not cheap- @ $400 a night even at discounted convention rate. Also has nice gym and small pool.

Staff generally nice and hard working, but the management needs more attention to education on communicating with patrons for some around front desk: - several barely look you in the eye/ several never smile or use any welcoming words/ several never try to use your name/ several say things like "OK" if you have a comment or a need rather than "Ill be happy to take care of it or I;; certainly look into it--Overall Grade C for some at front desk. expect a lot more for $400 a night

Stayed March 2014

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi AmericanTraveler22,

I just want to take a moment to say thank you for taking the time to provide such a kind, reflective and positive review for our hotel. We certainly work hard to provide you with an excellent stay and your thoughts are always appreciated.

I want to apologize for your experience with the front desk teams communication. We do provide regular communications refresher courses for our hotel staff and make every attempt to ensure our guests are receiving the most hospitable and warm service throughout there time with us here. I am taking note of this feedback and I will take appropriate measures to make certain that our staff is providing our guests with the most positive, warm and hospitable communication and service.

Again, thank you for your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Baltimore, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Clean Hotel, friendly, helpful, professional staff. Close to Washington Attractions. Secure facility. We would utilize this hotel in the future. Valet parking was a bit much, but other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Southeastern, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

First the hotel is very convenient to the convention center, just about 2.5 walkable blocks. Its also very convenient to Chinatown and only about a $9 cab ride from Union station. The complementary breakfast was fantastic and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The door man also gave us the scoop on cab fares. The day we left it was snowing and D.C. Cabs apparently charge a $15.00 surcharge if its snowing. I think that's crazy but good thing the doorman told us other wise I'd think we were getting scammed. The rooms were clean and nice and typical of Embassy Suites. I actually ended up staying here for a conference at the convention center because the other Hilton family hotel that I booked over sold and did not have a room for me.

The two things that were on the negative side is the rooms did not have USB charging outlets that are so common in other business hotels. What was a much bigger deal for me however was the inability to get internet in the room. That really bothered me. The hotel does have free internet in the lobby but in the room its $9-$10 per device per day. I have my own secure password protected mobile hotspot and I It was almost like the signal was jammed or something forcing one to purchase in room internet from the hotel. My computer and iPad could not even pick up my own hotspot in the room. I thought it was just me but a friend who was attending the same conference and staying several floors above me experienced the same problem.

Over all I'd say its a very nice hotel with good staff and comfortable clean rooms. I'd probably stay here again but that internet thing really drove me nuts and that's why I hesitate to say I'd stay here without a doubt. If I were in town on business the inability to use my own secure hotspot would give me great pause in deciding whether to stay here.

P.S. Hotel had probably the best in-room coffee I've ever had at a hotel.

Room Tip: The higher number rooms are further from the elevators if that matters.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hello TigerPilot63,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Your comments are constructive and for that I thank you.

I certainly understand the frustration regarding the cost for Wi-Fi and moreso, having your own hotspot that was not functioning in the hotel. If we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future, please be sure to bring this to the attention of the front desk so we can ensure that we place you in a room where you will be able to use your personal hotspot. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

I also greatly appreciate the warm comments regarding our door men and our excellent coffee, we are glad that your overall experience at this hotel was a pleasant one.

Again, thank you for your time and most of all for choosing our hotel. I am hopeful that we can get another chance should you be coming back to DC. Until then, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The staff at this hotel were great, especially Deborah Gaines from housekeeping. She greeted me every day in the hall. Always asking if there was anything else she could do for me. She showed genuine interest in my comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bonnie,

We are very glad you enjoyed a pleasant stay at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very pleasant staff with excellent check-in experience. Cooked to order breakfast and Manager's Reception nightly make this hotel an attractive option. Our suite was very clean, comfortable and large with, two separate rooms with pull out sofa and two armchairs in living area. Rooms have a Fridge, Coffee Maker, Microwave and in-room safe. Unfortunately pool was closed while we were there but this is an excellent bonus in a city hotel. Nice bar area but this also incorporates the restaurant which I would really describe as bar food, not a restaurant.

Room Tip: Accessible rooms designed for wheelchairs with large walk-in shower area - no bath in this suite but...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tet1
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hi Tet1,

After traveling all the way from Dublin, thank you for letting us take care of you here in DC. Your review provides a very accurate description of your experience at my hotel and I am glad you had such positive things to say. I do apologize that the pool was closed while you were with us, but know this was not intentional. This need came up unexpectedly, but I appreciate your understanding. I am happy to report we are now back up and running and ready for the warm weather to hopefully follow.

It appears that you travel regularly and to as many different places as possible. While this trip might have crossed Washington DC off your list, I do hope we can welcome you back soon. Perhaps when the sun starts to melt the snow. Until then, travel safely and often!