Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is by far my favorite hotel in DC. I have stayed here several times in the last few months for work. The staff are great. The rooms are clean and spacious. It is within close walking distance of Metro Center and Chinatown. The gift store inside has reasonably priced essentials like bottled water and granola bars. I needed to leave pretty early in the morning one day, and Leon was so helpful with securing a taxi and making sure that I knew where I was going. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hello Anash,

Your favorite hotel in DC, well that certainly put a smile on our faces here and we are glad to hear it! Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We'll be sure to let our staff, and particularly Leon, know that such high praises were sent their way. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

As a hotel employee, I make an effort to be very conscious and critical (in a good and bad way) of the hotels I stay at. This Embassy property was the most pleasant part of my otherwise horrible trip. I was part of a huge group, but the staff still made an effort to give personalized service. Lawrence the bellhop, entertained me with his random trivia questions. Tim, another bellhop, enthusiastically waved a taxi for my group and was just pleasant all around. Just two of the names I remember. One of the bartenders at the manager's reception always had a smile, which was great considering the amount of guests' she was serving that week during a major convention. She had twisted braids, but unfortunately I can't remember her name. Don't let me get started on the breakfast...the bacon was PERFECT and the variety was phenomenal. I also really enjoyed the food specials at the in-house restaurant. Very clean facility, despite the size of the conference. EXCELLENT location to the convention center. I also hurt my ankle while in town and the gift shop sold ACE wrap bandages and I was so happy to find that, seeing that I wasn't in the position to walk several blocks to the nearest drug store.

Dear Destiny,

We are very happy that we were able to provide you with such a wonderful stay at our hotel and that you took the time to write such a kind and thoughtful review. We will be sure to let both Lawrence and Tim know that they were a memorable part of your experience. The kind words expressed about the cleanliness of the hotel and the breakfast will surely put a smile on the faces of our housekeeping team and restaurant staff so we will certainly let them know as well. We hope you will have an opportunity to come back and join us soon. Until then happy travels.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Clean, accessible by Metro (2 blocks away), welcoming and responsive staff, great (and free) breakfast. Great for business or pleasure. Easy, walking access to Convention Center, Chinatown, and more. Has small, but useful, gym, too. A+++++

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your continued support of our hotel and your kind review. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

When a snow storm disrupted my travel plans, Kristopher Kameoka, director of front desk operations at Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Convention Center, and Joseph the night manager moved mountains to make my stay among the most pleasant I can recall. Hotel guests who were unable to leave due to the weather held up in rooms that were intended for me and some colleagues, but these guys set us up free at another Embassy hotel for the night and paid for our taxi in the morning. Once I finally arrived I was provided with a most sincere mea culpa letter, free internet, and a gift basket. What?! I had no expectation of receiving this exceptional service and was most pleased. To top things off the room was immaculate, the staff were friendly, and the restaurant and facilities were quite nice. This is the first review I've ever written for a hotel and it is most deserved.

Hello Wayward_Travel49,

While we are certainly not grateful for the circumstances we are beyond pleased that you took the time (a first for you no less) to write such a kind, gracious and pleasant review. We very well understand how difficult it can be for travelers during the snow-filled winter months and your understanding and sincerity means the world to us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites Washington D.C. Convention Center under better weather circumstances where we will undoubtedly make every attempt to match the wonderful experience you had before.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I like that they leave bottles of water in your car when you park overnight as well as local directions and list if local radio stations. Very thoughtful. It's about 2 blocks from the convention center. Breakfast is ok with made to order omlettes, scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles. Good place to stay if you have a conference at Convention Center.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank nvylocs

Hi nvylocs,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your thoughts on your experience here at the Embassy Suites. The feedback on the water bottles and the radio station recommendations is great, we appreciate that greatly.

We hope we can welcome you back to the Embassy Suites soon, until then safe and happy travels.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very nice stay for Convention across the street in Wash Conv Center. Large bedroom with small living room area that has a pull out couch. Wonderful full breakfast included. Very nice wine and snack hour in the evening (rather cheap wine providedI think.) Very modern and clean hotel with all the amenities. Not cheap- @ $400 a night even at discounted convention rate. Also has nice gym and small pool.

Staff generally nice and hard working, but the management needs more attention to education on communicating with patrons for some around front desk: - several barely look you in the eye/ several never smile or use any welcoming words/ several never try to use your name/ several say things like "OK" if you have a comment or a need rather than "Ill be happy to take care of it or I;; certainly look into it--Overall Grade C for some at front desk. expect a lot more for $400 a night

Stayed March 2014

Hi AmericanTraveler22,

I just want to take a moment to say thank you for taking the time to provide such a kind, reflective and positive review for our hotel. We certainly work hard to provide you with an excellent stay and your thoughts are always appreciated.

I want to apologize for your experience with the front desk teams communication. We do provide regular communications refresher courses for our hotel staff and make every attempt to ensure our guests are receiving the most hospitable and warm service throughout there time with us here. I am taking note of this feedback and I will take appropriate measures to make certain that our staff is providing our guests with the most positive, warm and hospitable communication and service.

Again, thank you for your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Clean Hotel, friendly, helpful, professional staff. Close to Washington Attractions. Secure facility. We would utilize this hotel in the future. Valet parking was a bit much, but other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple