“Very comfortable hotel with large rooms”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #29 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I liked this hotel very much. Just stayed there while attending to a conference and it was really good. Found rooms very clean and large. Hotel offers a very nice daily happy-hour and has complimentary breakfast (although the breakfast is simple, it offers pretty much all you need). Rooms are very quite. Very well located, this hotel is a walking distance to lots of attractions. The restaurant does not offer a wide variety of meals, but there are plenty of others just around the corner. From the many hotels I have ever stayed, this is one of the few that offers power outlet near the bed, to charge your mobile for instance. Very simple to do, but difficult to find in other hotels. Do not expect cheap prices for this hotel of course.

Room Tip: Better ask for a room to street view because back view offers nothing.
1  Thank Luis M
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Greetings Luis, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. Coming all the way from the UK I'm quite sure you were seeking comfort and convenience upon your stay and we are very happy we were able to provide that to you. From the free breakfast to the complimentary drinks it appears you truly enjoyed the aspects that make this a great place to stay.

If you ever find yourself back in the DC area again we would be honored to welcome you back. Until then safe travels.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,224)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I've stayed at this Embassy Suites multiple times now, and will continue to return. The location is great - close to the middle of DC and all it has to offer. The hotel is nice - clean, fresh, and well-maintained - and the rooms are comfortable. The free breakfast and evening reception are icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Higher-numbered rooms are further away from the elevators and vending areas. if you can get a corner...
1  Thank KarlC2

Hello Karl,

Thank you for taking a moment to write such a positive review of my hotel. We know that there are many hotels in the DC area so the fact that you have continuously recognizes our efforts to provide a great experience and wonderful service means a lot to us. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

For Washington Convention Center events, the Embassy Suites is a great location, only 2 blocks away. Each room is a suite, a big plus. The free custom breakfast and happy hour are also wonderful. Our only complaint is that the walls are pretty thin, so we can hear our neighbors. But the value for the price makes us overlook that.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hello Andrea,

I truly appreciate your positive, concise review of my hotel. We pride ourselves on our great location and our clean, suite-styled rooms and we are thrilled that you took a moment to highlight your experience here.

I must apologize for your experience with the hotel walls, we do try to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a comfortable and equally quiet room and we will certainly take note of this feedback. We would love to welcome you back if the opportunity permits, until then safe and happy travels.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Roomy suite, near attractions, can't wait to go back. Kids loved it too. One of the biggest rooms we have stayed in in a large city. I feel like I could spend several days here, maybe not a week. Too bad the pool was getting cleaned and we missed that opportunity. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Greetings LetsVacation,

Thank you for letting the Embassy Suites be your home away from home while visiting Washington DC. I see lots of great feedback and I am glad we were able to keep you and your family happy. I am relieved to confirm that our pool is back up and running and apologize for any inconvenience. This was very last minute and unexpected which is why it was not posted in advance on our website.

I appreciate your time in posting this review and want to make sure you know we would be delighted to welcome you back should travel bring you our way.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I don't have enough good things to say about this hotel. Check in was easy even though I was part of a large group. Rooms were very spacious and clean and we were never disturbed by any noise in the halls. Breakfast was fantastic and the managers reception at night was the perfect thing to come back to after long days. The walk to the convention center is very short and there is even a Starbucks on the way! Lawrence the bell hop was there to greet us every night with a warm smile and Tim went above and beyond to flag down a taxi for our group going to the airport on the last day. If I am ever in the area again, this will definitely be my go-to hotel!

Greetings Rolltide120,

What a fantastic review of your experience at my hotel. I am so glad that the team, and especially Lawrence and Tim were able to make your stay memorable. While I truly enjoy hearing about what our guests think of the hotel, I get no greater satisfaction than to hear we delivered on customer service. That is what it is all about for us.

Please know that I will share your review with the entire team and make sure that Lawrence and Tim both receive recognition for their efforts. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back. Until then, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@hilton.com

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is by far my favorite hotel in DC. I have stayed here several times in the last few months for work. The staff are great. The rooms are clean and spacious. It is within close walking distance of Metro Center and Chinatown. The gift store inside has reasonably priced essentials like bottled water and granola bars. I needed to leave pretty early in the morning one day, and Leon was so helpful with securing a taxi and making sure that I knew where I was going. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hello Anash,

Your favorite hotel in DC, well that certainly put a smile on our faces here and we are glad to hear it! Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We'll be sure to let our staff, and particularly Leon, know that such high praises were sent their way. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

As a hotel employee, I make an effort to be very conscious and critical (in a good and bad way) of the hotels I stay at. This Embassy property was the most pleasant part of my otherwise horrible trip. I was part of a huge group, but the staff still made an effort to give personalized service. Lawrence the bellhop, entertained me with his random trivia questions. Tim, another bellhop, enthusiastically waved a taxi for my group and was just pleasant all around. Just two of the names I remember. One of the bartenders at the manager's reception always had a smile, which was great considering the amount of guests' she was serving that week during a major convention. She had twisted braids, but unfortunately I can't remember her name. Don't let me get started on the breakfast...the bacon was PERFECT and the variety was phenomenal. I also really enjoyed the food specials at the in-house restaurant. Very clean facility, despite the size of the conference. EXCELLENT location to the convention center. I also hurt my ankle while in town and the gift shop sold ACE wrap bandages and I was so happy to find that, seeing that I wasn't in the position to walk several blocks to the nearest drug store.

Dear Destiny,

We are very happy that we were able to provide you with such a wonderful stay at our hotel and that you took the time to write such a kind and thoughtful review. We will be sure to let both Lawrence and Tim know that they were a memorable part of your experience. The kind words expressed about the cleanliness of the hotel and the breakfast will surely put a smile on the faces of our housekeeping team and restaurant staff so we will certainly let them know as well. We hope you will have an opportunity to come back and join us soon. Until then happy travels.