“Comfortable, excellent service”

Ranked #34 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Falls Church, Virginia
“Comfortable, excellent service”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This Embassy Suite seems to be popular with both tourists and business travelers. Excellent service and comfortable rooms with a great complimentary happy hour and full breakfast, including made to order omelets. Not close to the main DC attractions but only a three block walk to the Gallery Place metro station. Numerous restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CharlesHill900, Public Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Chisos,

Thank you for taking a moment to write this review, we appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home. We work hard to be the friendliest hotel in DC to both leisure and business travelers and we appreciate you noticing our efforts. We are located right in the heart of Downtown DC which puts us pretty close to many major DC attractions. If ever you have any questions regarding local attractions or events within walking distance, please don't hesitate to ask our front desk team as we would be more than happy to help point you in the right direction. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards,
Kimberley McClain
Kimberley.McClain@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Terrific staff, most notably Adanna and Terence. Very good fitness center with better than average equipment. Pool is a tiny wading pool. Good food at the restaurant, though pricey of course. Beds are quite comfortable. One general complain: poor soundproofing. I could hear my fellow hotel guests through the walls and vents. And with an open atrium, voices echo and resonate upward. I could hear people down in the lobby area through my room door while sitting in the living room of my suite.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this thoughtful and detailed review. I greatly appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and I am glad you took the time to provide your perspective on your stay. I will be sure to let Adanna and Terence know how much you enjoyed their service and I will additionally let the restaurant staff know you enjoyed the food. If ever you experience any issues with noise please be sure to let our front desk team know as soon as possible. It is our goal to ensure you have a comfortable stay and we will do everything within our power to assist with this. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Until then, safe and happy travels.

michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family of 4 stayed here the first full week of April and has a great experience. Great location, great value with breakfast and happy hour. Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to DC with a family

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello DJS,

I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at my hotel. Thank you for taking a moment to write this review, it is much appreciated. We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Hackensack, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Best girls' weekend! Premium suite was roomy enough for 5 adults. Breakfast was fabulous, hotel was spotless, staff was excellent, from front desk, to valets to concierge and housekeeping. Taxis always available. On-site restaurant was very good and inexpensive. Highly recommend this hotel; it won't disappoint

• Stayed April 2014
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Greetings nnjpeach,

I am glad that we were able to make your girls' weekend getaway such a success! Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your stay and giving such detail on the amenities that you enjoyed. I'll be sure to let our Restaurant staff know you enjoyed the food and service as well. Thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home, I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Alta Loma, United States
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is neat, clean, and great for business. Make your reservations early. Early check in is available but not guaranteed. Breakfast was fresh convenient and free. Check out the free omelets. Wifi service is less than optimal.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Greetings Mitchell,

Thank you for this kind and complimentary review. I'm glad to know you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Until then, safe and happy travels.

South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We really enjoyed our week here; the complimentary breakfast and cocktails were so enjoyable! Robbie at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly, telling us everything we needed to know in order to get around the city and use the Metro (subway) and how to get to all the sites. We would definitely stay here next time around!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Cory,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I will be sure to let Robbie at the front desk know how much his friendliness and expertise were appreciated by you. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Austin, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My mom and I had a wonderful time in DC and we wouldn't have had the same experience if it weren't for the fantastic above and beyond customer service by Barbara at the front desk.

I came to DC for business and this was the hotel for the convention; my mom joined me at the end of the week and we'd booked a hotel out in Alexandra because it was much cheaper per night than this one.

When I approach Barbara at check-out - I just took a chance and told her were were moving to another Embassy Suites because it was cheaper but we really liked where we were and could she match the rate?

To my surprise the answer was YES.

Barbara made it all happen! And even made sure our other reservation was cancelled without penalty.

If we hadn't stayed downtown - we'd never have done all we did - we did so much - all day long - every day we were there. We would have missed out on the Cherry Blossom firework show if we didn't know we could walk back to the hotel afterwards.

Barbara was fantastic.

Not to mention the hotel has made-to-order eggs every morning plus a fantastic breakfast buffet every morning that is complimentary. And a happy hour every night that is complimentary.

Everyone at the hotel was nice to us.

Only thing to note - wifi costs in your rooms; and my cellular service (Verizon) was bad inside the hotel anywhere besides the lobby (where there is also free wi-fi).

Room Tip: You can hear other people through the vents.
Hello Stephanie,

The Cherry Blossom Fireworks are such a fantastic site to see! I am glad to hear that our location helped you truly enjoy DC in it's entirety with the ease of knowing that your hotel was just a stroll away. And of course, I will be sure to let Barbara know that her effort to go above and beyond was not only noted in your review but truly made your experience in DC much more enjoyable and relaxing. I enjoy reading about all of the great things that guests get to do on their trip and you certain sound like you enjoyed a packed, fun time here in DC. If you find yourself back in the area, we hope we can welcome you back again. Until then safe and happy travels.