“Great Stay Overall!”

Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Stay Overall!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Convention Center for the better part of a month. The hotel overall is in a very convenient location and the staff were helpful. The breakfast is very convenient and huge thanks to Abraham, Jose, and Yanira who cooked me some delicious eggs and breakfast. Robbie and Martes were great at the front desk! And Yanira in housekeeping was awesome. These three always went above and beyond for me while I was there.

The only shortcomings I experienced with the hotel was their laundry facilities. The machines were often out of service or would not finish cycling. An update to these old machines is overdue.

Overall, 4 stars and would have been 5 if it had not been for the laundry.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Sean,

It sounds like you had a really excellent stay at my hotel and made a few friends along the way! I will be certain to personally let Abraham, Jose, Yanira, Robbie and Martes all know that you sent glowing praises their way during your extended stay with us. I appreciate all the feedback you have provided and I do apologize about the inconvenience with the laundry facilities. We have since fixed this problem but I understand the difficulty you must have faced, particularly since you were staying with us for quite some time. I hope that if you find yourself back in DC you will choose to stay with us again. Until then safe and happy travels.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New Ipswich, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We recently spent a long weekend at this hotel and cannot say enough good things about our experience. The hotel is very, very, very clean, the staff all professional and friendly and the rooms spacious and comfortable. We stayed on the 15th floor in a Premium Suite, that includes free wifi, Keurig coffee makers and access to complimentary snacks and beverages---well worth the extra $25 for having access to the snacks like granola bars, chips, fresh fruit, bottled water, juice and soft drinks. We had a regular king suite with a gorgeous view of the Capital building. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet and very clean. No issues of outside noises from other rooms. The evening reception was a nice treat, with free beer (Yuengling or Bud Light), wine or specialty cocktail along with snacks like chips & guac, crackers & cheese and veggie sticks. For the kids there was fruit punch, snack mix and gummy bears. Breakfast was probably the best hotel breakfast I've had and I have stayed at AAA 5 diamond resorts before. Fresh made to order omelets everyday! Also offered are items like fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, pastries, scrambled eggs, waffles, french toast, etc. Pretty much whatever you could imagine you would want to eat for breakfast, they had it.
The location of the hotel to the rest of the city is fantastic, walking distance to the White House, Ford's Theater, Smithsonian and National Mall. There are also several Metro (subway) stops nearby and plenty of taxis if you don't want to walk. It was only about a $8 cab ride from the National Mall if you get tired and want to take a cab back from your day of sightseeing. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the Premium Suites on the 15th floor, free wifi, snacks & drinks and a Keu...
4 Thank Rachel A
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of my hotel. We like to provide comfortable accommodations for families and we are honored to know that you found us to be a perfect fit for yours. I'm also pleased to know that you enjoyed the Premium Suite amenities on the 15th floor. I hope if you find yourself back in DC you will stay with us again. Until then, safe and happy travels.

Kindest Regards,
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I booked our reservation to stay at this hotel back in March,2014. I called at 3pm on our arrival date of May 20, 2014 to make sure our room would be ready and confirmed for late arrival on our credit card as I had requested when I made the reservation. The front desk clerk confirmed that we were guaranteed a room on our credit card, no worries she would see us whenever we arrived that night. When we arrived at the hotel around 9:30pm we were told the hotel was oversold and they had no rooms for us. They had booked us a room in Maryland at a Marriott on the University of Maryland campus,10 miles away for the night. We were very unhappy and explained that we had confirmed earlier in the day and were told our room was guaranteed. The manager said there were no rooms as they were overbooked and he had confirmed a room for us in Maryland as no other hotels had room in the city of DC and to come back at 10am the next day. They paid for our room, but the inconvenience of driving to Maryland after unloading our bags, especially as we were going to return our rental car to the airport that night, disappointment, and stress of the whole situation, didn't make it right. There were other families also affected and extremely upset in the lobby. This is not a good business practice. We primarily stay at Hilton owned properties, but I have never experienced this before. After reading other posts about this hotel on this site and learning this practice is called "Walker", I find this extremely sad, especially for families coming to DC and excited to have a great experience seeing this wonderful city. Shame on you Embassy Suites and the whole Hilton organization to allow this to happen. Guaranteed should mean GUARANTEED! Let's see, if I hadn't showed up, would might credit card have been charged? I surely think so.

2 Thank 4Kai56
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Greetings 4Kai56,

I am disappointed to read your experience at my hotel and completely understand your frustration. Let me begin by apologizing for the inconvenience you experienced. This is not a normal occurrence and something we work consciously to avoid. I know we have attempted to make contact with you and would hope you will give us the chance to make this right and welcome you back properly. If you happen to see this response, please don't hesitate to reach to me directly so I might assist.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Love staying at this hotel when I'm in DC. World-Class staff and service. I specially want to thank Adanna providing the best customer service ever. She help me secure a room when the hotel was sold out. Thanks Adanna for being the best. Who do I need to talk to about your raise. Great smile and personality! Thanks again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Brent,

Thank you for taking the time to send such wonderful praises on our hotel and of course the lovely Adanna, we are lucky to have her and I will certainly make sure that you appreciated the hospitality she showed you. I am very happy to know you enjoyed your stay at my hotel and if you find yourself back in DC we look forward to welcoming you back.

Washington DC, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed in a king size suite. Quiet, clean room, friendly staff. Better than the average. Room service was on time and meals were delicious. Conference room was situated on the basement floors, so quiet and private. Would recommend for business visits.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Roma,

I appreciate you taking a moment to write this kind review of my hotel. We try our best to understand the diverse needs of business travelers and accommodate them in any way we can and I am happy to know enjoyed such a great stay. We hope you'll stay with us again if business brings you back to DC.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was not our first time in Dc, but first time staying in the District as opposed to Arlington. Great location, and great staff. Within walking distance to practically everything.. Stayed the week of Memorial Day and no complaints.

Hello Firemedic,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I'm happy to hear you took advantage of our location and enjoyed the friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

NYC
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Seven of us stayed at this hotel recently for three nights. The rooms were very clean. Much to my surprise, when we came back one evening, there was a sign posted that we were on a "Quiet Floor" from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. I was delighted. The complimentary breakfast was awesome. The cook at the omelet station made a mistake with my partner's omelet. He apologized profusely and promised to make it up the next day. The next day, he remembered, apologized again and proceeded to make a great omelet. I agree that there was A LOT of walking, even to the Metro station. All in all, the hotel stay was very good. Just remember to wear comfortable shoes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a "Quiet Floor".
Hello Yenta,

I just want to take a moment to say thank you for taking the time to provide such a kind, reflective and positive review for our hotel. We certainly work hard to provide you with an excellent stay and your thoughts are always appreciated.

I appreciate the feedback on our omelet cook and the length that he went to ensure that he rectified his mistake with your omelet. This is great information that helps us all to continue to provide great service to our guests and I appreciate your acknowledgement of this act.

Again, thank you for your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.