“Nice hotel and good location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Seabrook, Texas
“Nice hotel and good location”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for a short 4 day trip to DC. The hotel is very nice, with large enough rooms for the 4 of us (2 adults and 2 kids) to have plenty of room to spread out and have our own space. The room was clean and had a fridge and a microwave, which was nice for our left over pizza. We booked the AAA package which gave us free wifi and a 2 pm checkout which was awesome!

The walk to the mall area is between 15 and 20 minutes, mostly downhill from the hotel, so its an easy walk. The taxi to Union Station was about $10 bucks (without tip), so it was close too. We also walked about 3 blocks to the metro (metro center) which was very convenient when we were tired of walking.

Breakfast was wonderful (fresh omelettes and eggs to order, or a buffet line which were both good). And every evening they had a small reception with drinks and snacks (chips, crackers, cheese, celery) which was a nice touch.

The only complaint was the pool and the hot tub. The pool is 3'3" deep the entire pool and there were very few parents watching their kids. I got nervous watching the kids jump into the pool with it that shallow. It was a decent temperature, so you could at least swim in it some. Also the hot tub was HOT! Almost too hot for me and way too hot for my 3 year old. It had to be at the upper temp range of 103 degrees. The hot tub needs to be cooled down some, there's no need for it to be that hot.

The staff was very nice and very helpful.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Nicole,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review of my hotel. I am pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed a very comfortable stay in our 2-room suites, even having room to spread out and relax a bit. We truly aim to ensure that every area of service is to our guests standards and I want to apologize for the temperature in our hot tub. I have personally reached out to the Engineering Team to ensure that the temperature is set to a degree that is comfortable to all guests of the hotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review of the hotel. I hope you had safe travels back to the Lone Star State and if travel finds you back in DC, I hope to welcome you back here. Until then, safe and happy travels.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Chalfont, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great for kids and great for families. Awesome evening reception and fantastic breakfast. Great location and reasonable rates especially for summer. Will return next year hopefully to visit more of the DC museums and attractions.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi chad,
Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on my hotel. I always look forward to and appreciate getting feedback from our guests on their experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your visit next year!

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 week in early May. First part was business, 2nd part was pleasure.

The location is great! Walked to convention center, national archives, ford theater, caught metro to most other sites.

Breakfast is great! So tired of hotel breakfasts...make your own waffle, rubbery eggs, etc that the "let me make u a fresh omelet" line was awesome! I ate more egg dishes that week then I usually do in 6 months! Fresh fruit topped off the wonderfulness of it.

The suite was great! Two business partners to the room for sleeping and it was great having a door dividing the bed area from the living room for early risers, private phone calls, etc.

We asked a doorman about a good steak restaurant and he literally walked us the 3 or 4 blocks to the place he recommended. Walking appeared painful for this older gentleman but he insisted on helping us get there. What a sweetie pie! I wish I remembered his name.

Having to pay for internet AND having your own personal hot spot blocked so u HAD to pay for internet if u wanted to use it in your room was not cool. $10 a day to be online in your hotel room seemed a total ripoff. Internet is "free" in the lobby. Frequently all the seats in the lobby was full.

Hot tub was so very hot that some couldn't get in at all and those that did, couldn't stay long enough to relax the muscles. Guest services talked some circle about it being so hot from winter and not having cooled yet for summer temps but it was an indoor hot tub so the varying outside temps shouldn't matter much. Regardless, we were here 7 nights and it never was adjusted. Bummer.

When I made the online reservations at honors.com. I listed the name of each person in each room I reserved. When checking in, they couldn't find any reservations except under my name. Later in the week, a colleague had a package overnighted to her but ES returned it to sender since they didn't have anyone listed with that name. This colleague had checked in several hours after I did so you would have thought they would have updated the names...especially since she was not staying in the rom with me.

As you can see, There were good and bad things about our stay. From the name and for the price ( $260 per night, per room), I expected a bit more.
Now I understand why they didn't have a higher TA rating.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Friend,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review of your stay here. I'm thrilled that you were able to utilize our convenient location, the spacious rooms and of course a wonderful breakfast each morning. Of course it is our goal to ensure you have a comfortable stay whether on business or pleasure and I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with the package delivery and the hot tub. In the future it would be helpful to notify the front desk of any packages being delivered, this way we can assure that it is collected and held for your room number. Additionally I have notified our Engineering team regarding the hot tub and they are currently investigating the issue to ensure that the temperature is set comfortably for each guest. We appreciate all feedback and we will do everything we can to ensure that we provide our guests with a 5-star experience. We hope to welcome you back in the future and earn that last star.

Columbus,GA
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Get used to it touring Washington means walking. That said you can be at the National Mall in 15 to twenty minutes depending on your pace and Fords Theater is even closer. The metro is about three blocks. Rooms are typical Embassy Suites, large enough for a family. There is a small fridge and a microwave. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is filling. I would gladly stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: China Town is close by with many places to eat.
Bama,

I appreciate the kind and poignant review of my hotel. We pride ourselves on our friendliness and location and I am glad to know that you enjoyed both as part of your stay here. I am pleased that you would stay in this hotel again and I would be happy to welcome you back again as well. Until your next visit, safe and happy traveling.

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Embassy Suites. The hotel was very clean (both public areas and suite), large suite area with comfortable beds, and in a perfect location to all of the must sees. The breakfast was a perfect way to begin the day and cocktail hour was an awesome bonus after a long day of walking and seeing all the city has to offer. I would definitely stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hi Mary,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this very kind review of my hotel. We certainly enjoy providing the ease of a fresh morning breakfast, large spacious rooms and complimentary evening drinks to make your stay more convenient and I'm glad to know that you enjoyed those amenities. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and wish you safe and happy travels until then.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I spent our 30th anniversary here while touring DC. We got a great rate ($160) and a very nice suite! Tim (o) greeted us at the desk and was an exceptional employee, very friendly and very helpful. We loved the free breakfast in the morning and the free drinks and snacks in the evenings. All the employees greeted us with a smile and made our stay very enjoyable. I will always try and stay here when visiting DC for work or pleasure in the future. The hotel was very close to the Metro Center so we had no trouble with transportation. We had parked outside the city and took the metro in to avoid the driving and parking hassles. Loved it!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Allen,

First and foremost, Happy 30th Anniversary to you and your wife! I am honored that you two chose to stay with us on such a special occasion. I'm pleased to know that you had such a wonderful experience at my hotel and I am glad that you were greeted by the always kind and gracious Tim and welcomed with smiles by all of our guests here. I'm wishing you many more anniversaries to come and if ever you find yourself in DC on business, pleasure or a romantic getaway, we will be more than happy to welcome you back here.

Hartford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed two nights on business. I was early but able to check in and staff were very friendly. My room was clean and the breakfast buffet was very good. This hotel is in a great location and walking distance to the national mall, monuments, Ford's Theater, White House, etc. This hotel is also an easy walk to the metro which will take you all over D.C. and to Reagan airport. I had a lot of trouble with cell phone service in my room and my colleagues did as well - no fault of the hotel but something to keep in mind. My room had a very small window but I'm not sure if higher floors had better options. Having to pay for wi-fi was disappointing. I also had a lot of trouble using the lobby internet stations to print my boarding pass. Two of the printers were not working but I was successful on my third try. I had just come back from exercising so I didn't ask for help which I probably should have done. Overall this is a great location and the hotel is okay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear CCPeters,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this reflective review of your stay here. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the location, clean rooms and breakfast buffet along with a kind and friendly staff. I am certain the staff here would have been happy to help with any issues printing your boarding pass, we can certainly understand the timeliness involved in doing this and we are here to help if ever you need in the future. If you are ever having a great deal of issues with cell phone reception please let our front desk know and we would be pleased to put you in a different room that might provide better service. I hope that if business brings you back to DC in the future you will stay with us and we will be sure to address any of this issues mentioned above. Until then, safe and happy travels.