“Good location and rooms”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Morro Bay
“Good location and rooms”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

When visiting DC last summer we stayed here because others in our group had stayed previously and liked the location. Our room was nice, location was good and staff was friendly. However, there are plenty other hotels in good locations I would have chosen over this one. The pool and spa were absolutely disgusting here! Very small and stinky and packed with people. My kids went in before I realized how bad it smelled like urine, so we had to make sure they thoroughly washed off afterwards. The morning breakfast had a HUGE line where we waited over half an hour to get food and squeeze into a booth to eat. We walked from the hotel to everything, using the metro only once. Again, I will choose a hotel a bit closer to everything next time we visit the area, but it is walkable, just wear good shoes.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi Marilynsmum,

Thank you for staying with us in August 2013 while visiting Washington DC. I appreciate you took time to share your experience. It does appear that there was a significant delay in your review posting (about 11 months) so it is difficult to address any concerns mentioned, but I would ask that if your travel brings you back to DC you let us welcome you back so we can ensure you have a great experience.

Until next time, travel safely and often!

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia area, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Excellent! Embassy suites continues the excellent tradition of offering excellent accommodation and breakfast at a great value. Very family friendly. We utilized their facility for a business meeting this time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Adeboye,

Thank you for taking a moment to write this very kind review of your stay with us and use of our meeting facilities. We aim to be family friendly and equally accommodating to to business travelers and it sounds like you were able to enjoy both. We certainly hope to welcome you back on you your next visit to DC whether it be business or pleasure. Until then safe and happy travels!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in April, My room was very nice with a living room included. Only downside was the view of a alley. On the upside, breakfast to order every morning included in price. The hotel personnel were nice and it was centrally located to all major museums and restaurants .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Terry,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your business trip to DC. I am glad that you enjoyed the morning breakfast and the great location we provide. I do hope you were able to get out and visit some of the museums in the area. If you come back again please be sure to let our front desk know that you would enjoy a room overlooking the street, we want to ensure that you enjoy every minute of your stay with us and a nice view is something we can certainly provide.

Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review, we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next business trip.

Van Horne
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Our family of four stayed 5 nights in one of the 2 double bed suites. The room was nice and clean, with a separate living area and bedroom. The location offered complimentary drinks and snacks for happy hour, as well as a hot beakfast buffet.
The boys were happy with the pool-a MUST any place we stay! Overall, our stay was pleasant.
The second to last night of our stay, was a bit UN restful...with banging on the walls, slamming of the door and a LOT of loud talking and laughing from the roomful of preteen girls. Management apologized, assured us they were checking out the next day...offered to move us to a different room, and gave us a 50% discount on our final night's stay.
*Because our arrival time was earlier than Check-in, and our ride to the airport was after their Check-out time, we were VERY happy that they held our bags for us!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle B
Michelle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very kind and candid review of your stay at my hotel. I am happy to know that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with clean accommodations and a great time at our pool.

I do apologize again for the noise you experienced but I am pleased to know that my team took care of it immediately and made things right with you and your family. Additionally I am glad the quickly brought it to the attention of our staff so that they could alleviate the situation.

If you find yourself back in DC I hope that you will stay with us again.

Rye, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have stayed in over 20 Embassy Suites hotels so far this year all over the country. The staff was great but most of all the maid staff was excellent. Hattie and Debra went out of there way to make sure I had everything I needed and were so cheerful and pleasant. Thanks for making my time in DC great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 696cathyk
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Cathy,

Even after staying at over 20 Embassy Suites this year we are still very happy that you chose us to stay with and I am thankful for you taking the time to write this very kind and positive review of my hotel. The maid staff at this Embassy Suites truly is incredible, they work hard and maintain a pleasant demeanor and I am glad that you experienced them in all their cheerful glory. Hattie and Debra really are wonderful and I will be sure to let them know that you sing their praises, we are lucky to have them.

Again, thank you for this really great feedback. Wishing you safe and happy travels and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Plymouth
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I will start with the positives. The hotel was a good distance from the Smithsonian museums, about a 15 minute walk. The front desk staff and cleaning staff were very friendly. The room was a good size, a two double bed suite with a pull out couch, good for my family of five. The free drinks and snacks each evening were a nice bonus.That is where the positives end. The free breakfast buffet was crazy busy and ill-prepared to handle the amount of people (one toaster for the entire hotel??). The food was terrible and the kitchen staff was rude. They actually ran out of coffee one of the mornings. The pool was tiny, and when it was invaded by people who had been drinking at the free happy hour, it got too crowded for my family's comfort. For a hotel this size, the pool should be much bigger. The walls of the room were paper thin. We heard EVERYTHING. The room next door was playing explicit music and we heard every lyric. Standing in the bathroom I could hear the conversations of the room above. The beds were ok, but the pull out couch was very uncomfortable. Overall, we would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan E
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello Dan E,

I can't thank you enough for letting us take care of you while on your recent trip to Washington DC. On top of that, you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I certainly appreciate the positive comments about your stay and am glad you shared things you feel could use improvement. I have sent your review to my food and beverage team to understand if there was a specific issue with breakfast the weekend you stayed. I expect our breakfast to be busy every weekend, but we cannot afford to have issues like those you mentioned. I assure you this is a top priority.

Should we have the opportunity to welcome you back or even at your next hotel I would encourage you to make the staff aware of any issues you experience during your stay. We welcome thousands of guests every month and I expect that there will be issues, a small percentage, but the measure of our hospitality is how we make them right. My team is empowered and motivated to make sure everyone has a great stay.

Charles.Hill@hilton.com
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Typical Embassy Suites. This one had a very good restaurant with good bar food specials. Location was excellent as it was an easy walk to other large hotels. The staff was very helpful if you needed anything. Rooms were just ok - neither bad nor exceptional.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback on my property. It's always helpful to know what guests experience here and I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write this. It sounds like you were able to enjoy some time at our Restaurant and I'm pleased to know you enjoyed their great food and specials. If you find yourself back in DC we'd love the opportunity to provide an exceptionally rated experience, which we always strive for so please let us know if you return. Until then safe and happy travels.