“Great Location for our family” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Location for our family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here during spring break with our kids for their first visit to DC. Were able to walk to many attractions. The full breakfast offered was awesome and the dinner snacks were OK. Spring break is generally crowded in DC and I definitely felt this in the morning breakfast rush. Would recommend other families stay here just be aware of the crowds. Would also stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lane W
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Lane,

I really appreciate you taking a moment to write this review of your Spring Break experience with your family it sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot of DC's popular attractions. While the summer months can bring in quite a number of guests we always encourage guests to try and get to the free breakfast as early as possible to enjoy a nice leisurely breakfast. I hope you enjoyed your stay in the Nation's Capital and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

As a Hilton Diamond member I accrue my business miles and then spend them on family vacations. With 3 children we have always valued the extra space an Embassy Suites affords us. We have spent points at Embassy suites in San Diego, Chicago, Savannah, Atlanta so as we planned our DC trip this was the obvious choice. We chose the convention center location due to its proximity to the metro and the national mall. I can say without hesitation this was the most accommodating staff we have experienced. The breakfast was the best ES breakfast we have experienced, the managers reception was easy to navigate and featured a unique cocktail each night. The housekeeping staff provided all the extras we needed. The location is great for experiencing DC. One final touch I thought was really first class, on the morning we departed the valet asked how many were traveling in our vehicle. When he pulled our Sequoia around it had a cold bottle of water in each cup holder. I highly recommend this Embassy Suites, it is a credit to the chain.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jeff H
Dear Jeff,

You had a first class experience with our valet and I must say this was a first class review of my hotel and I appreciate you taking a moment to share in detail how exceptional you found the staff here to be. I always appreciate reading feedback from our guests but this is the type of review that I never grow tired of reading. Embassy Suites are always such a great option for families and I appreciate you choosing my hotel as your home away from home. The location certainly makes this an excellent place to stay but the staff and our friendly service puts the icing on the cake. I am very pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed such a wonderful stay here and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Prior Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We just returned from an eight night stay at this hotel. The biggest "pro" to this hotel is the location, it's very convenient to all the sites! The walk is an easy one to the mall and monuments and it's close to the metro. The hotel was rather crowded on the weekends so be prepared for some longer lines at breakfast and the evening reception. Even with the crowds, the wait time wasn't bad. The rooms were comfortable but could use some updating. The furniture was older and worn and needed replacing. All in all it's a good hotel but I think next time we would consider a different location. Given how easy it was to use the Metro, I'd consider a hotel a little further out for half the cost!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear KingLouie,

I really appreciate you taking a moment to write this very candid and reflective review of your experience at my hotel. It really is quite convenient to be able to walk to many of DC's attractions and stay right in the heart of DC, I hope you truly enjoyed exploring this wonderful city. We certainly try very hard to ensure that the breakfast lines don't get too long so we always encourage guests to come earlier in the morning to allow for a much more leisurely meal. One of the best benefits that can't be quantified is the amount of time you receive staying in such a central location. Add in the free breakfast, drinks and the large spacious suites and the value becomes hard to beat. I certainly hope you will give us careful consideration on your next trip to DC. Please be sure to check out our special packages that will help sweeten the deal and increase your savings. Until then, safe and happy travels!

Creedmoor, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a very helpful concierge and the Valets were very friendly. The only problem we had was checking out. There were 2 girls behind the counter, but one was drinking coffee and the other eating a bag of chips. When i approached in the Honors line, the one with the chips went in the back while the other attended to a customer. I waited for 10 Minutes to check out. Then it was not very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Georgana,

I really appreciate you taking a moment to write this feedback of my hotel and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed great service from the valet and concierge. I certainly hope you were able to check out some great fireworks during your stay as well! I do sincerely apologize for your experience at the front desk, there is no reason why anyone should have been eating food at the front desk even if it was to finish her bag of chips away from customers. I will certainly investigate this matter and ensure that this type of situation does not occur again. I hope that you will join us on your next trip to DC, until then safe and happy travels.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Right in the heart of DC, close to Madame Tussard and bus routes. Not too far from the White House and even Union Station if you feel like a walk. Rooms comfortable for 4. Clean linen and towels. The incredibly friendly Bellmen and Front desk made up for the carpets that need a good clean and too little coffee to serve 4 in the morning. Wi-fi only complimentary in public spaces, not the rooms. Concierge did everything except get on the bus with us, such a pleasure to be served by such helpful people.

Stayed June 2014
Helen,

What a great review of my hotel, I really appreciate you taking the time to write this fantastic feedback. I also hope you were able to take some awesome pictures at the Madame Tussaud Museum, such a fun and unique experience just down the street. It also sounds like you enjoyed some great service at the front desk, something our hotel continuously works hard to provide. If you ever find yourself back in DC please use the promo code TRP for complimentary internet service in your room. This is also available to any additional trip advisor readers who stay with us. Safe and happy travels to your next destination.

Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We are loyal Embassy Suites customers and we try to stay with them whenever we go on vacation. Compared to other Embassy Suites hotels we have stayed with, this one is a little disappointing.

The primary reason we prefer Embassy Suites is because of the free hot breakfast in the morning. This will provide our family a complete breakfast and saves us at least 30 minutes if we have to eat our breakfast outside. We find that paying more for the hotel stay is worth it because of this breakfast. We also like the "manager's reception" in the evening, but we can't utilize this benefit on most days of the stay. This is common to all Embassy Suites. In this hotel, our experience with the breakfast and manager's reception were terrible. It is extremely crowded, long lines to get foods, congested, and overall a bad experience. Not that they don't have space. Manager's reception was a joke. They don't have an experienced bartender. They offer a limited variety of drinks. Food/snacks are pathetic. They should visit other hotels and see how wonderful it is. For example, Embassy Suites in Bellevue, WA serves an outstanding breakfast and manager's reception.

The hotel location is not very close to subway stations. You have to walk a few blocks to get to the station. If you want to go to White House or some of the attractions on the National Mall, you are better off walking all the way. So, location wise, it is not too bad but not super convenient.

Sure, I will continue to be a loyal Embassy Suites customer, but if I ever go back to DC, I will try other options before settling for Embassy Suites.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sudhi
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Sudhi,

Let me first say thank you for taking the time to share so candidly your experience staying at my hotel, I very much appreciate the feedback you have provided here and will ensure that I address everything you have expressed with my staff. As a loyal Embassy Suites customer and as any guest in my hotel, I value your experiences and want to be sure that everything is up to your standards.

I sincerely apologize for the lines and overall service you experienced with the morning breakfast and the evening reception. The summer months can bring in exceptionally high volumes of people and traffic that tend to back up the speediness of these amenities. In response to this review, I arranged a team meeting to discuss constructive ways to alleviate these issues. We have since implemented a system that provides a much more organized process for both the Evening Reception and Breakfast that has drastically cut back on the lines and has increased the overall service we are able to provide to our guests. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we could fix this for our guests.

Again I appreciate you providing your very poignant thoughts on your stay here and I apologize for the disappointment we caused. We have taken action on this and will continue making corrective changes when we receive feedback such as this. I am pleased that you will continue to be a loyal Embassy Suites customer and I hope you will reach out to me personally upon your next trip to DC so I can aid in assuring that you have a pleasant stay here.

Mansfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

From arrival to departure the staff of Embassy Suites Hotel is there to serve. The valet attendant greeted us with a smile and a handshake. He represented the hotel quite well as he explained the rates of valet parking and how the staff would be available to serve us. I have used valet parking before but they do not usually explain their service. Each attendant whether male or female served quite well. As we entered the hotel, we were further greeted and informed of all their services and amenities. I strongly recommend a stay at this hotel. It is centrally located with an outstanding staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Lynona,

I am honored that you chose us as your home away from home for your couples vacation. And, it makes me very happy to read that you enjoyed the wonderful service that has earned us the title of "friendliest hotel in DC." Our valet service truly is exceptional and I'm very happy to hear that you were not only greeted with a handshake but additionally made clear of the services provided. We go to great lengths to ensure our guests feel comfortable and it sounds like you truly were able to experience everything that makes this hotel so great. I appreciate you taking the time to write this very kind feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.