“Quality Hotel in a Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center

Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Fairfax County, Virginia, United States
“Quality Hotel in a Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4th of July weekend even though we live right in Northern Virginia. Now this hotel isn't on the same scale as a Four Seasons or Saint Regis, but if you need a hotel with spacious rooms and a good location, it's great.
I went for a run in the morning, and the location of the hotel allowed me to hit many main attractions in DC (convention center, white house, ford's theater...). Later in the day, my family and I were able to walk around never feeling that we were out of the city. Perks of this hotel include complimentary fruit water all day, and a snack hour in the late afternoon, and a breakfast buffet. Overall good hotel, but more for business than luxury.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kyle S
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Kyle,

I really appreciate you sharing your experience at my hotel and your family's "staycation" experience in DC. This location is really ideal for a quick morning run, so much so that we are currently working on a map to distribute to guests to ensure they can hit all the major attractions. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed a nice scenic morning jog. It's also great to know that you were able to take in so many amenities with your family along with friendly service.

If you and your family decide to enjoy another staycation in DC I certainly hope you will stay with us again. Please use promo code TRP to enjoy complimentary internet during your next stay. Until then, safe and happy travels.

Charles.Hill@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a great experience - doormen (and women), reception desk and concierge were all extremely helpful. Rooms were great. Lot of business people, as well as families enjoying the sights. Don't hesitate to use this property!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Whit,

What a wonderful review of my hotel, you really drive home one of our best assets which is kind and friendly service. I appreciate you taking a moment to write this very kind review and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We expected a tiny room as is typical in big cities, but surprisingly the room was pretty spacious with a decent size bathroom, fridge, and seating area. Room was quiet and comfortable.

The pool area was a little questionable, cloudy water and a hot tub that didn't look too clean. It all could have used some attention.

Breakfast was great with a large variety of buffet and made to order items. He kids loved it! This turned out to be a great start to a busy day.

Overall the place is nice. The staff was friendly, and the amenities were all there.

Stayed July 2014
Local Diner,

Thank you for choosing us to be your home away from home and taking the time to write this review of my hotel. You certainly can't go wrong with our spacious 2-Room Suites as they really allow you to spread out during your stay. The pool can be a bit crowded particularly during the summer months and we do our best to provided extended hours to help alleviate some of that traffic. The pools are also cleaned twice daily for this reason just to help ensure that you enjoy a clean and relaxing experience.

Your feedback has been very helpful and I'm very pleased to know that you enjoyed friendly service from the staff and great amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Until then, safe and happy travels.

Trophy Club, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is adjunct to the Convention center so if you are visiting for a conference, you can't go wrong. The hotel is pretty new, good an roomy suites and very good breakfast and other services. I will definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DrSalonen
Dr Salonen,

Your review is greatly appreciated and I am very happy that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay at my hotel. We try our best to be as accommodating as possible to our business travel and I am very pleased to read such a great review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel during the week coming up to the 4th of July and really enjoyed the overall experience. The room was fantastic for our family of 5 (3 small children). In fact, the kids said it was the nicest hotel they ever stayed in. Not sure about that, but it was certainly very nice. Breakfast was good and dinner was good as well. It is located within walking distance of the Mall, Capital and White House. It was a great experience and we will stay there again when returning to Washington. The location was also great for the fireworks as we didn't have to deal with driving and could get off of the Mall fairly easily.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank JClay1967
Dear JayClay,

What a great review of my hotel, I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review and I'm pleased to know that your family of 5 found it to be such an amazing experience. I certainly hope you were able to enjoy the holiday weekend and take in the spectacular fireworks display on the National Mall. Coming from Atlanta I'm sure you are familiar with great hospitality and I'm glad we were able to provide that for you right here in the heart of DC. If you find yourself back in DC I certainly hope you will join us again.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here during spring break with our kids for their first visit to DC. Were able to walk to many attractions. The full breakfast offered was awesome and the dinner snacks were OK. Spring break is generally crowded in DC and I definitely felt this in the morning breakfast rush. Would recommend other families stay here just be aware of the crowds. Would also stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Lane W
CharlesHill900, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington-Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Lane,

I really appreciate you taking a moment to write this review of your Spring Break experience with your family it sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot of DC's popular attractions. While the summer months can bring in quite a number of guests we always encourage guests to try and get to the free breakfast as early as possible to enjoy a nice leisurely breakfast. I hope you enjoyed your stay in the Nation's Capital and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

As a Hilton Diamond member I accrue my business miles and then spend them on family vacations. With 3 children we have always valued the extra space an Embassy Suites affords us. We have spent points at Embassy suites in San Diego, Chicago, Savannah, Atlanta so as we planned our DC trip this was the obvious choice. We chose the convention center location due to its proximity to the metro and the national mall. I can say without hesitation this was the most accommodating staff we have experienced. The breakfast was the best ES breakfast we have experienced, the managers reception was easy to navigate and featured a unique cocktail each night. The housekeeping staff provided all the extras we needed. The location is great for experiencing DC. One final touch I thought was really first class, on the morning we departed the valet asked how many were traveling in our vehicle. When he pulled our Sequoia around it had a cold bottle of water in each cup holder. I highly recommend this Embassy Suites, it is a credit to the chain.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jeff H
Dear Jeff,

You had a first class experience with our valet and I must say this was a first class review of my hotel and I appreciate you taking a moment to share in detail how exceptional you found the staff here to be. I always appreciate reading feedback from our guests but this is the type of review that I never grow tired of reading. Embassy Suites are always such a great option for families and I appreciate you choosing my hotel as your home away from home. The location certainly makes this an excellent place to stay but the staff and our friendly service puts the icing on the cake. I am very pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed such a wonderful stay here and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.