“Excellant Accommodations”

Ranked #45 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Centennial, Colorado
“Excellant Accommodations”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of availability. The accommodations were top of the line. We held our conference here and they were so attentive to our needs and kept checking on us to make sure everything was as we wanted it. The individual rooms were very comfortable. I especially liked there was a sitting area where you didn't have to sit on the bed to watch TV in the evenings. I will definately return when the need arises.

Room Tip: Several nice restaurants within walking distance. But Breakfast and dinner were served at the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank hotairchaser
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Washington DC Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Ms Hotairchaser!
Thank you so much for your excellent review! We love hosting groups and events, it gives us an opportunity to showcase our new hotel. Cat, our DOS, Evan, our F&B manager, and everyone involved in bringing and executing groups take great pride in their work and strive towards delivering excellent service. The biggest compliment of course would be a return visit on business or leisure!

Kindest regards! Francisco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Pros: I absolutely loved the hotel. The hotel was in excellent condition. I didn't notice anything out of place or dirt/ trash any where throughout the hotel. The suites are spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in, and I loved the shower in the Queen room. Really enjoyed hanging out on the roof-top balcony. The view wasvery nice, and the seating was comfortable. The location was nice too. Love the Starbucks right next door. I also enjoyed walking to China Town where their were plenty of places to eat and grab drinks. No problems catching a cab to get to our planned destinations. Overall, I had an Awesome time and stay. I would return to this hotel again.
Cons: I wasn't informed about the deposit that they were requiring to be paid upfront. I didn't find everyone at the front desk to be professional and friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank DEaglesfan
Hello DEaglesfan!
I loved the review…The pictures are great! It sounds like you really enjoyed the hotel and took advantage of our rooftop patio! Chinatown is so close and has a ton of great places to eat; definitely a must-visit when in DC. Starbucks is a great neighbor to have, and cabs are readily available during business hours and dispatch quickly at off-peak times.

I regret the fact there was a “con” to your review. As we build our team we are looking to have dedicated associates that reflect our sincere love for guest and customer service. We have a great base and look forward to go from ordinary to extraordinary.

Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!!

Francisco
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Visited Washington in June 2014, stayed at the Cambria Suites which is close to all the attractions. Is fairly new and rooms are very nice. Staff are very welcoming and freindly. Bit of construction going on but not overly intrusive. All in all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
griffin867,
Thank you so much for your review! It certainly makes us feel great to know you enjoyed the hotel and that you found our team to be hospitable, that is certainly our goal. The city-project to re-pave and update O street has certainly posed a challenge, particularly with valet, it does have a bright side as we will have a nice street and sidewalk to match our new hotel in no time at all! I anticipate this will be completed in time for July 4th weekend (keeping my fingers crossed!!!).

Please tell a friend and join us again if your travels bring you back to our Nation’s Capital!

Attentively, Francisco
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was really nice looking the suites were up to par. However when we checked in we were not told about a mandatory 100 dollar deposit our next day there our keys were not working to enter our room they said we needed 100 dollars for a deposit, but we weren't told up front on our first check in night. Housekeeping did not come to our room to straighten things up and refresh our towels.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank MandieBe
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Washington DC Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear MandieBe,
We appreciate your feedback. It is customary for guests to establish credit upon check in. It sounds like we were unable to gain proper authorization and had to circle back to collect a security deposit, which in the absence of a credit card is $100. This does not excuse any issues you may have had with housekeeping. We are working hard to meet these demands to our standards of service. I hope we rectified the deficiencies reported in a timely manner and appreciate your patience. Please join us again as we hit our stride in providing excellence in hospitality. Attentively, Francisco
Chestertown, Maryland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I must admit for the price we paid, which was very inexpensive, I expected something less. So I was pleasantly surprised. Everything about our stay at the Cambria in DC was delightful. The front desk staff are polite and very helpful. Christian at the bar was awesome! The roof top sitting/dinning area is absolutely stunning. The food is delicious and the rooms are comfortable and inviting. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Holly D
Dear HollyD,
That is awesome that you were able to take advantage of some of the great promotional rates we are currently running to bring folks. We are enjoying this period (still in our first month of operations) as we build our team, gain momentum and make new friends. Cristian is a ROCK STAR! and he represents us well! You say you will definitely join us again, and I plan to hold you to that ;-)

Kindest Regards, Francisco
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I must say this hotel was very polished and nice. I was on the 9th floor and had a beautiful view of the city. The hotel was close to the downtown area, and the hotel staff had informed us that we can walk to the sites, but honestly I would not recommend walking, it's just too far. From the metro station it took us about 10 minutes by car so I figure it would be about 30 minute walk. There are no restaurants in the immediate area just a small Italian restaurant that had no Italian food, I was a little confused about that. I would only recommend this hotel if you're going to need it for 1 night. I paid $174 for the night, I would've rather stayed closer to the sites and payed more.

Room Tip: Ask for room 905 beautiful view of the city!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Destiny1997
Beaches92510,
We appreciate hearing from you and thank you for writing a review of Cambria Suites Washington D.C. Convention Center. We strive to provide exceptional guest experiences and we're pleased to know that our beautiful city views and attentive staff made for an enjoyable stay. Regarding the Metro: The Mount Vernon / Convention Center (Yellow/Green) stop is on the corner of M and 7th, 2 blocks from our hotel. Based on your description I think you are referring to Union Station, the hub for Amtrak, Accela, Greyhound, MegaBus… That is in fact located close a 10 minute drive as it is 1.5 miles from the hotel. We have metro maps available at the desk to help our guests make the most of their time in our Nation’s Capital. Thank you once again for writing.

Kindest regards, Francisco Sellés
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Cambria Suites only for a night so I could attend a concert. My trip was short but I love my room and the 10th floor that has a indoor pool and gym. You are able to see the nation's landmarks from the 10th floor too.

The bed we super comfortable and clean and my room was all around clean. The staff were very pleasant. Amanda at the front desk and Christian is believe from the bar were very helpful.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank s c
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites Washington DC Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
s c,
Thank you for choosing Cambria Suites Washington City Market while attending a concert. Your complimentary feedback regarding the high level of comfort and service you experienced highlights our goal of providing our guests with an exceptional stay. I especially appreciate you recognizing Amanda and Christian and I will be sure to share your comments. Please plan to stay with us again the next time you travel to the area. Thank you once again for your review.

Kind regards,