For business travelers this is a nice place to stay. Rates are fair, compared to Hotels closer to the Hill and, it's only about a 20 walk to the Capitol, House of Representatives office buildings and the Library of Congress. It is also a 5 minute walk to the ball park, so for sports travelers coming to the games this is a great place to stay. Neighborhood is safe.
Comfortable bed, warm rooms, nice decor; full size ironing board. What impressed me the most was how friendly the cafe and bar service staff was. Very accomodating and happy to assist in getting you around town. They have full breakfast, light lunch and Starbucks coffee
One glitch for business travelers. If you are traveling in a block that your employer is paying for, insist that they make sure the credit card has been ran (in person) prior to checking in. My colleague ended up putting 8 rooms on his card and then spent over an hour with our boss, taking the transaction off his card and onto our business account. If your on business this is a time-sucker one often cannot afford. The staff was very apologetic. Bottom line if the boss is paying make sure they do their diligence so you're not stuck with the check.
There is an indoor pool and gym to work off those networking happy hours. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to one of the most beautiful Washington, D.C. hotels on Capitol Hill, Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard. Our modern accommodatioins and attentive staff will provide you with the perfect home away from home! Conveniently located near Nationals Park and local attractions such as monuments, museums and the US Capitol in the up and coming Capitol Riverfront neighborhood, our Capitol Hill hotel is in the heart of Washington, DC office buildings such as Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Parsons, BAE Systems, General Dynamics and Booz Allen Hamilton just to name a few. We are also surrounded by government agencies such as the US Department of Transportation, DC Health and Family Services, Bureau of Land Management and convenient to the Navy Yard, Joint Base Anacostia Bolling and Ft. McNair. The striking and modern Courtyard by Marriott Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Top among hotels near Capitol Hill, we offer 2,215 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 180 guests, plus on-site catering from The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. Enjoy breakfast in the mornings from with delicious Starbucks® coffee or relax with a glass of wine in the evening from The Bistro. You can also stay active during your stay with an on-site 24-hour fitness center, offering cardiovascular equipment, an indoor pool and whirlpool. Our lobby features all of the amenities that saavy travelers have come to expect such as FREE WIFI, a quick print station for your boarding pass to save you time at the airport, comfortable in-room work areas with conveniently located outlets and lighting and a 24-hour business center with a library. The modern lobby would not be complete however without our state-of-the-art GoBoard® that offers directions, up to the minute flight and weather information and information on local attractions with the ability to print you directions! It’s personalized service available at your fingertips! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington Dc
- Courtyard Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Courtyard Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Washington Dc Courtyard