“Fair prices for DC”

Ranked #67 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Bristol, Connecticut
“Fair prices for DC”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

For business travelers this is a nice place to stay. Rates are fair, compared to Hotels closer to the Hill and, it's only about a 20 walk to the Capitol, House of Representatives office buildings and the Library of Congress. It is also a 5 minute walk to the ball park, so for sports travelers coming to the games this is a great place to stay. Neighborhood is safe.

Comfortable bed, warm rooms, nice decor; full size ironing board. What impressed me the most was how friendly the cafe and bar service staff was. Very accomodating and happy to assist in getting you around town. They have full breakfast, light lunch and Starbucks coffee

One glitch for business travelers. If you are traveling in a block that your employer is paying for, insist that they make sure the credit card has been ran (in person) prior to checking in. My colleague ended up putting 8 rooms on his card and then spent over an hour with our boss, taking the transaction off his card and onto our business account. If your on business this is a time-sucker one often cannot afford. The staff was very apologetic. Bottom line if the boss is paying make sure they do their diligence so you're not stuck with the check.

There is an indoor pool and gym to work off those networking happy hours. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 1105 was a nice room for a single; however if you want a better view of the DC skyline ask for a roo...
1 Thank Jody18
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Jody18-

Good day. Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you and the rest of your team enjoyed your accomodations. We do like to think that if your business takes you to Capitol Hill, then you are best off staying with us.

As far as the credit card authorization is concerned, you do raise an interesting point. However for your protection and for that of the company, our hotel has adopted a strict but simple credit card authorization process for security purposes.

Simply put, at check in, our Agent will need to "swipe" the credit card that the final charges will be placed on. If said credit card is not available at check in, then we would simple ask for a credit card authorization form to be completed and sent to the hotel prior to the guest arrival. This written authorization gives the hotel the consent that it needs to place charges on the credit card.

I hope this information sheds some more light on this matter. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you and your team members again in the near future.

K. Andre Antoine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were at the hotel for 4 weeks, I would definitely recommend this hotel and I'd love to come back! The staff are so welcoming, friendly and helpful, especially Andre and Antoinne (hope I spelt his name correctly) Rooms were clean and spacious. Location was great, it is right by a metro station but we only used the metro once, we walked to all the sights including the Verizon Center for an Ice Hockey game.
Thanks again to Andre & Antoinne!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PaulaWatson83
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Paula-

Thank you for your kind words. It was truly a pleasure having you both here. I am really glad that you had a chance to celebrate your first Thanksgiving Day here with us in the States.

We look forward to having the chance to see you again. Unitl then, all the best.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was recently in DC for business and stayed for three nights at the Courtyard Navy Yard. My stay was nice. The room was updated and modern, check-in was a breeze, the bed was comfortable and everything was clean and nice. My only complaint was the lack of food in walking distance, which is not the hotel's fault. The hotel is close to the metro and was a quick 10 minute trip to the major monuments and museums. The staff was very friendly and everyone that I spoke to greeted me with a smile. I did not utilize parking so I cannot comment on that.
The one major complaint that I had was that the stay was 100% non refundable. The weather was terrible the week that I was there and I almost didn't make it due to airport closures. If my flights had been cancelled, I would have still been required to pay for the rooms. That's not a good practice for a hotel in this day and age.

1 Thank AZDisneyfans
AZDisneyfans -

Thank you for you kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Regarding your reservations, while the hotel does have advance deposit, non refundable reservations( these reservations are normally offered at a deeply discounted price) we do take inclement weather to account for all reservations. We would have been more than happy to make the necessary changes to your reservations to assure your satisfaction. I do apologize that this was not properly communicated to you.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

K.Andre Antoine
Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Booked a stay here for orders. When my orders were cancelled on the day before check in, they were completely inflexible and insisted that the charge remain on my government card. This was done despite the fact that I called immediately upon being notified and only one hour after their deadline. When I tried to get someone from customer service on the phone to discuss this matter, I was placed on hold for hours. You would think a hotel in the Capitol region would be a little more understanding/considerate of issues surrounding military travel. Terrible experience. I will never stay with this place again, nor will I ever patronize Marriott's or Courtyard's in the future.

2 Thank J B
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
JB-

Good morning. My name is Andre Antoine and I am the Guest Services Manager. This is the first that I am hearing about this matter and I look forward to resolving it for you immediately. I am truly sorry that this has been your experience.

Due to our location in Washington DC and being so close to the Navy Yard, we get a lot of Government and Military Personnel that stay at our hotel. From time to time due to last minute changes with orders, reservations have had to be canceled. We have and will never have any issues making these changes to accommodate our men and women in uniform. I suspect since you were on hold for such a long time, that you may not have been in direct contact with the hotel.

At your earliest convenience, please call me directly at the Hotel; 202-479-0027. All the best and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Regards,
Bryans Road, Maryland
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked an overnight stay at this hotel, Check in was pleasant and fast, Upon arrival to the room, all seemed to clean and in order. Overnight parking was not cheap, but in line with most hotels in the area Valet staff was friendly and prompt with service. The location was very nice, within walking distance to Starbucks, a large chain pharmacy, and a few restaurants. The baseball stadium was within walking distance as well. Relaxed before our event in the room with a new flat screen. Room was also equipped with a small refrigerator. No need for an iron, room had a working iron w/ironing board for our use. After our event, enjoyed a soft bed. Generally, the hotel was quiet. Upon return, did observe a security guard monitoring the hotel lobby. Did not use the pool or fitness center during my stay. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a decent stay in DC.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tryto82
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you were able to bring in the New Year with us. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future; perhaps for a ball game. By that time even more great restaurants would have opened.

K.Andre Antoine
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms in what appears to me a new build. Service was very good....I arrived at 10 am and they had a room for me. The rooms are large, but my room backed a chair (besides the desk chair) to relax in. The sofa that serves as a fold out bed was very uncomfortable to sit on.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank OrlandoSGM
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your kind words. And you are 100% right; this area is growing. It seems like every month a new restaurant opens. We at the hotel can not wait to see what opens next. We hope to see you again at the hotel.

St. Johns, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We were there when it was cold so we took the trains and taxis everywhere but in nice weather it's a good location to walk to the Capitol. There is a subway stop a block from the hotel. The staff was great. There isn't too much within a block or so of the hotel for those who want to be within a block of restaurants etc... It's probably not a great location. It's also close walking distance to Nationals Park if you are in town for a game.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alison G
CYWASNY1, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Ms. Alison G-

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'll be sure to pass this along to our Front Desk. Comments like yours truly validate that we are doing to ensure all our guests are happy works.