Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$399
US$321
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
US$433
US$355
  • Bar/Lounge
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$437
US$412
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
  • Pool
US$460
US$360
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$492
US$470
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$630
US$464
US$413
  • Pool
All reviewsnationals parknationals gamewashington nationalsball parkcapitol hillmarine barracksgreen linefront deskbaseball stadiumcourtyard marriottmetro stationparking garagewithin walking distanceminute walkwould definitely stay here againking suiteconvenient location
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I stayed at this Marriott Courtyard in September, and while a group with which I am traveling in November is staying at another Washington-area property, I am staying here. In September, I visited my son, who lives one block from this hotel, so initially, convenience was a factor. When I got there, I was convinced that the quality of the staff, room and facilities would lead me to return on any future visits to D.C.

The Courtyard is located very close to the Navy Yard Metro stop, which made arrival from and departure to Reagan National a breeze. The area has undergone an extremely positive transformation over the past ten years. The hotel is near the Nationals’ ballpark; I could see the stadium from my room. Of course, we went to a game; the visiting team and their fans stayed at the Courtyard. That meant the place was pretty full, but there were minimal lines and noise.

The gentleman at the front desk was warm and welcoming and chatted with my son, who had only moved to Washington a week before, about places to go and things to do. They found out they live across the street from each other. Every person we met, from housekeeping to security, was similarly polite and pleasant.

The room was immaculate and the bed very comfortable. I had such a good night’s sleep that my son sent me a text message at 8 a.m. to make sure I was OK because he knows I am a lousy sleeper and am usually awake well before then.

We walked to Eastern Market for breakfast and the farmer’s market, where we got something to eat and I even bought a painting. Since we both like to walk, we strolled throughout the city, visiting the Newseum and eating lunch at the Museum of the American Indian. There were nice neighborhoods with plenty of restaurants within a 15 to 20-minute walk of the hotel. If you want to go farther, take the conveniently-located Metro. I didn’t have time to use the pool, but that is a nice amenity for families. At the end of my long-weekend stay, check-out was a breeze. I was back at the airport in a little over half an hour.

Congratulations to the management and staff of this well-run hotel. See you again toward the end of November!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 26 October 2010

After reading some of the reviews about location, I was a bit hesitant about the hotel. All that was gone upon arriving. The hotel is immaculate, the staff very friendly and helpful. It is true there is nothing much available "food wise" in the area, but we ate in the city before returning to the hotel. I never felt unsafe in the area. The metro is very close making travel to the tourist areas very convenient. Also you can beat the price compared to some of the other properties in DC.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
CourtyardCapitolHill, Director of Sales at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2010

Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us! We hope to have you with us again the next time you visit Washington :)

Have a wonderful day!
Ellen Zilch
Director of Sales
Courtyard Capitol Hill/Navy Yard
ellen.zilch@courtyardcapitolhill.com

Reviewed 12 September 2010

I had read reviews about the hotels in this area. I really didn't want to be fighting with city traffic nor did I want to be in a expensive but cheap hotel. Reviews commented about some National park and parking. I was too busy to understand what that meant.

When we arrived after driving for over 6 hours, my heart dropped. The hotel was a few blocks from a huge baseball park and had no obvious parking facility. I checked us in and was told it was around the corner in the middle of the block. Parking was a breeze with using an attendant and we used in/out privileges several times each day.

I don't know where they stuffed my car but when I told them several times I would be back down to use it in an hour, they seemed to do the right thing. I was tipping the attendant when they retrieved my car, I wasn't sure what impact that had on them.

The hotel was busy the entire weekend. The police were doing traffic all over the place in the evening. Even so, the hotel was enjoyable and quiet to sleep in. Front desk service was staff appropriately for this crazy volume.

The bar looked good. We could smell chlorine when we used the parking garage elevator but never saw the pool. I didn't do much looking around the hotel, we were too busy and barely got enough sleep time in.

We both enjoyed the fact that the beds in our room seemed much larger then the last hotel we stayed at.

Next time I check out the bar and the restaurant!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank always_economy_class
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We looked for a reasonably-priced hotel near a metro stop because there's nothing more tiring than a long walk home at the end of a day of sight-seeing in Washington on your feet. Anything else was expensive or was old & dirty in a noisy neighbourhood or was a dozen stops from the National Mall. This hotel is in a quiet neighbourhood only 2 stops away, or for the gifted walker is about a 2 mile walk from the Capitol Building (you can see the dome straight up New Jersey from the hotel) and less than a block walk from the top of the Metro escalator. Believe me, the short metro ride makes a difference, especially on the Branch end of the Green line that is not nearly as crowded as some of the other lines going into the suburbs. The hotel is not surrounded by amenities, but has the essentials at hand. 5 Guys Burgers & Fries is the Best Burger in DC and one of the locations is right across the street. Also within a block is a Subway, a Starbucks, and a CVS pharmacy with minor groceries. Went to a Nationals ball game while there (4 block walk to the ballpark) and they arranged for the tickets at the front desk and put them on the room bill! We also got a surprise with fireworks over the Navy Yard one night (the only street noise we heard in our room in the 11 nights we were there). Instead of noisy vending machines on every floor they have a kiosk beside the front desk and anything from there (snacks, drinks, ice cream, salads) can just go on the room bill. We had a room with 2 queen beds and it was sufficient quarters for us with our 2 teenage boys. The empty bar fridge is a necessity wherever we travel together. We always got whatever extras we asked for (towels, shampoo, etc). Also the pay laundry on the 3rd fl is $1.50/wash or /dry and the laundry supplies are free at the desk, so we didn't need to pack nearly as much as we did! Free wireless internet was reliable although we did have some minor connection issues every other day. Exercise room is open 24 hrs and the whirpool/pool is open 5 am to 11 pm (though the pool would is a good play size for toddlers, but not one you'd want to do laps in). Excellent $10 breakfast brunch in the hotel which we only used one morning. I won't drag my suitcases through the Metro from DCA anymore now that I know it's a 10 minute and $20 cab ride to the hotel. Next time a friend is sightseeing in DC, this is the hotel I'm sending them to.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Doug4473
CourtyardCapitolHill, Director of Sales at Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

Thank you so much for your review. We are sold glad that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We can't wait to see you back the next time you are in DC!!

Take Care,
Ellen Zilch
Director of Sales
202.589.1213 ext 7126
ellen.zilch@courtyardcapitolhill.com

Reviewed 8 September 2010

The hotel on its own was great. Very clean, new, and great staff. I would not recommend staying here outside of going to a Nationals game. While the hotel itself is in a safe neighborhood, all you have to do is go a few blocks west and you could be in trouble. I would NOT recommend venturing to the 7eleven that is close by. Even the bartender at the hotel said this area use to be one of the most dangerous in DC. The Metro is close by, and there is also a cvs and such. I would stay here again for another game.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends