“Good young crowd” 3 of 5 bubbles

Gainesville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good young crowd”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Fado's gets a good young crowd at night. I've been there for trivia and it was pretty fun.
They changed their menu so it's not a simple pub menu. Last July, I had a GREAT Irish Club sandwich...it had Irish rashers on it instead of bacon. I like simple, plain food.
When I asked the waitress about the club sandwich her reply was "That sounds good," and then pointed out the turkey wrap,. somehow, I think they could have made what I wanted without any undue hardship. It wasn't very busy, otherwise I would not have asked. I ended up with the cheeseburger, which was fine.

Visited July 2013

“Three drinks and simple dinner, 40 bucks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I have three Black & Tans and Irish Breakfast (fantastic), but $40??? Over priced drinks. Coming back tomorrow for morning match of football, they open at 8:30, I want to check out the crowd.

England
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great lunch stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Despite the reluctance on my part to drop into an Irish bar (mainly because they are now seemingly ten a penny any big city you go to) I was glad to sample a lunch-time in Fado's.

It's a homely place with a number of different styled seating areas. There was a great choice of both draft and bottled beers, not just concentrating on Irish brews, and whilst the menu was fairly simple there was a lot to choose from that made the tastebuds tingle.

I had the Rueben sandwich, which was both mammoth and very very tasty. My mate had the roast lamb sandwich with lamb jus dip which he said was very good indeed as well.

All in all, a great lunchtime spot for a quick lunch.

Visited June 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“An Irish Oasis!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on a rainy day. Sat near the front window and enjoyed people watching. Great warm ambience. A pint of Kilkenny Ale slaked my thirst and the Shepherd's pie was outstanding! Waitress was very friendly!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Djknightga
Phoenix
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Not quite authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Most bars in the U.S. that claim to be Irish are far from it. Fado, meaning "long ago" in gaelic, is damn close to authentic as they come. There is the standard bar fare of burgers, wings and a few Mexican inspired eats but included are traditional favorites. The black and white pudding was a real surprise. Fado goes beyond throwing up an Irish flag. There are Gaelic expressions everywhere and the abundance of wood walls, a fireplace and homey feel would make a real Irishman feel welcome. Where Fado falls short is the playing crappy 80's/90's tunes on crappy speakers. There was no Irish staff, at least not on my visit. Not a big deal but I expect to see some native staff in an ethnic establishment. The location is in a very touristy area of the city so the customer make up makes for good people watching. So if you're visiting D.C. and are looking for a real Irish bar, Fado is worth a visit.

Visited May 2013