“Next door to the White House”

Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,259 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Defined by a standard of hospitality born a century ago, Joe’s offers a dining experience that is timeless. Tuxedo-clad service provides a sense of tradition, while delivering the warmth and caring service that has defined Joe’s since 1913.
Andover, United Kingdom
“Next door to the White House”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were touring USA for the first time and were blown away by DC. We'd seen reviews on TA about Joe's Seafood and our concierge did an incredible job to get us a table at all on a Friday evening. It was very busy but had a great atmosphere; it is pricey (meal around $75) but the service and food was good so no complaints. I was particularly keen to try the famous 'stone crab' (with mustard sauce) as we had no idea what this was. We relied totally on our server who did not let us down and we also had the lobster stuffed sole, lyonnaise potatoes & mushroom & cheese mac. In 3 weeks in the USA it is the only restaurant where I had a dessert! And before you ask, yes, Key Lime Pie! It is upmarket, as you would expect from this city and the location. If we were to visit DC again, this would be on our list of 'must dos'.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Damascus
“Regular customer of Joe's!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've eaten at Joe's Stone Crab in Chicago, many, many times. Always a special event. It's not cheap...really! If you can put aside the cost of your meal...always remember, you will be sampling some of the freshest, best seafood and steaks available anywhere! Sharing a couple of appetizers is worthwhile and if you save room, their desserts are awesome. My favorites are: peppermint ice cream with chocolate fudge sauce...(real) Key lime pie...Boston cream pie...and btw, you can ask for 1/2 portions of sides and desserts. You'll be surprised how generous the 1/2 portions are!

• Visited May 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“One of the best!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The weather was great and we've gone on foot because it was very close to our hotel. We've ordered seafood dishes and loved it all! It is worth trying the Nino Franco Prosseco.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“A dining experience”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went with a group after spending the day on the Hill lobbying. Had a private room with a limited menu but awesome choices. We had three appetizers, shrimp, calamari and stuffed mushrooms. Two salads offered mixed greens and Caesar salad. Entrees were Salmon, seared tuna, filet mignon or chicken. All at the table said the selections were excellent. My tuna was done to perfection. I had the Havana Pie for desert and enjoyed every last bite. This was second visit and enjoyed it each time!

Toledo, Ohio
“An embarrassing choice for a business dinner”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

When I'm in Vegas, I eat at Joe's (in Caesar's Forum) and its sister restaurants, both in Vegas and Chicago, religiously. I selected Joe's in DC because of the extraordinary quality of the meals and service in those other venues and because I was entertaining business associates and wanted a "safe-haven" to entertain guests. I was horribly disappointed.

The meal at Joe's was an extraordinary disappointment. The service was less than acceptable, but let me get to the hard part - the food.

The stone crab claws were inedible. I ordered six medium claws, 2 for each of us as an entree. When the shell was pulled, the meat, simply, shredded into inedible slivers and clung to the shell. The tips of my claws were solid and inedible. Of my 2 claws, I was able to rescue (literally) about a teaspoon of claw meat. Expensive and unacceptable and embarrassed me before my business associates.

I ordered the grilled halibut steak as an entree with mashed potatoes as a side. The halibut was severely overcooked, so much so, I was only able to eat a few bites (choked down a few dry pieces of fish is, actually, more accurate). The server never brought the mashed potato's that I ordered.

At a business meeting, no one complains. This was a business dinner and none of us complained. But, know this: I won't be back to Joe's in DC. Too many fine restaurants in DC to risk this kind of business embarrassment again.

1 Thank Thomz12345