“Ambiance, food, presentation, OUTSTANDING!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab

Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 3,189 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore, Maryland
“Ambiance, food, presentation, OUTSTANDING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have been to another competing steak house type restaurant in DC, all I will say is "EAT AT JOE'S"!!
We were seated promptly and given a table in a very nice location, despite the fact we were first time visitors, not regulars. Our waiter and his team were personable, informative, and professional, all we could ask for!
We each had a filet, my wife had some stone crabs, which I had some of. The filet was superb, prime heart of the filet, done just as ordered. I had some of her stone crab, what a treat, the accompanying sauce is wonderful. As a matter of fact, all the accompaniments were unique, and really good. The sour cream mixture that went with the baked potato is a perfect example.
We finished off with the key lime pie, heaven on a graham cracker crust. Even the decaf that I had to accompany the dessert was excellent, most times coffee is just coffee, but not here.
Yes, Joe's is expensive, but you get what you pay for.
We will be back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
King George, Virginia
“Enjoyable meal - great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The staff at Joe's was personable and attentive. Choosing from the menu was difficult as there were so many wonderful choices. Food was presented and served well. Would definitely visit again next time in DC!

Seabeck, Washington
“"Review" Shock”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This review has me perplexed... I think I'm giving Joe's a rating of 3 just because everybody else gave it such high ratings! Talk about "review" shock (kind of like sticker shock)!! Then I thought about it and I suppose a 3 is fine for our experience, which was just barely A-OK!

The service is definitely a 3 and nothing more. I'm surprised at the number of 4 and 5 ratings that talk about the slow service! Drinks take forever and the check takes even longer to get! Servers don't serve the food otherwise it might have taken a lot longer than it did! All of the servers were friendly and gracious, keeping water glasses filled and dishes cleared.

The food wasn't near what you pay for!! With seafood being so prominent in the name of the restaurant I was anticipating some mouthwatering morsels. I ordered, and returned, the Crab Stuffed Shrimp. It's $27 for an appetizer sized serving of four butterflied shrimp with a spoonful of crab! No salad, veggie or side included! I was eager to dole out that amount for what I assumed would be an amazing dinner. Boy was I wrong! The shrimp was so hard and dry I thought the shell was left on and the crab was like straw! One bite for me was all I could chew before I sent it back. Our server insisted I get something else so I ordered the Fish & Chips which was actually very good. The Wedge Salad with wonderful crisp pork belly is a nice portion that is definitely shareable, as are the other side dishes. My husbands steak is the primary reason for the high rating of 3 as he said it was perfection!!

I wish I would have read more of the reviews before going to Joe's as we probably would have tried another restaurant. First of all, I didn't realize Joe's is a "chain" restaurant and we were really trying to sample local eateries while on vacation. Secondly, there are way too many reviews that talk about the slow service and the overcooked seafood! Maybe Joe's needs to change it's name to "Joe's Prime Steak" so we all know more of what to expect!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cindy P
London, United Kingdom
“A bit of fun devouring your crab!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

At first I wasn't sure about cold crab, that it wouldn't feel like a proper meal given it wasn't hot! But then I got used to it, the freshness of the crab, the sauces that it came with was all delicious! Oh the broccoli was amazing, came in a yummy Asian broth!They give you a butter sauce to drizzle over but when the butter cools down it feels like you are scooping crab and butter in mouthfuls - nasty bit ... My partners steak was a bit tough but overall a good experience! When the server came back to find the poor crab legs devoured with crab shells in my hair, on my mouth everywhere he ran away to bring me hot towels and a ginger bowl! They had a good Humor about it and we had a good evening overall! :) the restaurant was buzzing on a week night and seems to be very popular!

1 Thank Maryoola
Victoria, Minnesota
“Fish good - side dishes bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Halibut was cooked perfectly and the stone crab claws were excellent also. Our side dishes of hash browns, spinach and asparagus were about as bland as you can get. No seasoning at all, no butter, nothing. Just very blah. The potatoes were not true hash browns, just chopped up chunks of potato in a pile.

Service was ok. Nothing special. Desserts were very good. I had key lime pie.

Very noisy crowd, hard to carry on a conversation.