“Great meal in a lively atmosphere ”

Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Get food delivered
Ranked #21 of 3,084 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Defined by a standard of hospitality born a century ago, Joe’s offers a dining experience that is timeless. Tuxedo-clad service provides a sense of tradition, while delivering the warmth and caring service that has defined Joe’s since 1913.
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

We went with our two boys as one likes steak and the other prefers seafood - neither were disappointed.

Surf and turf was excellent as was the choice of wines. Whilst some are certainly more expensive there were some nice wines for USD 10-15 a glass.

The restaurant was certainly busy so book!

2  Thank BobbyP14

Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

I thought I had had the best meal in DC yesterday until....yes, we ate at Joe’s. Our server, Warren, was great and even answered totally unrelated questions about US history! Food was amazing. Stone crab worth the cost. My Dover Sole was filleted perfectly in front of me and my son’s sea bass was also great.
Whilst definitely not the cheapest meal you would have in DC, it would be one of the very best!

2  Thank Karyn29
Reviewed 19 August 2019

Great place directly across the street from the Sofitel hotel we stayed at. Stone crab appetizer was amazing...expensive but worth it. My beef filet was done perfect and my wife's halibut may have been the best I've ever tasted. Potato Lyonnaise I could eat alone as a main in was so good.

2  Thank Sven L
Reviewed 19 August 2019

I visited this wonderful restaurant with my wife and son soon after our arrival in Washington DC. Service was excellent as was the ambiance and the wonderful seafood selection. Giant shrimp was to die for!

1  Thank Sufix
Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

Outstanding. Loved pretty much everything we had. Tried the stone crab fortunately our server let us purchase one. Not my ideal dining. I guess I don’t like to work that hard for my food. Even though they are fully cracked it to me wasn’t worth it. The octopus was unbelievable. The sea bass was so good. We split the hashed browns and man they were good for a side. Great great meal

2  Thank Sconietraveler