“Great Churrascaria”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$51 - US$51
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 11th St NW
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Toronto, Canada
“Great Churrascaria”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Not completely authentic, but compares very well with other North America takes on the brazilian food fest. Too many options for me to try them all. I gave up after 10 kinds of meat. Caiprinias and cheese buns very good. I have to say it again - so much meat!

• Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The best Mojitos in town!”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Great food, excellent and courteous service! This was not our first visit - we go more frequently to the one in the Inner Harbor in Baltimore - make sure you go with an appetite otherwise just get the salad bar - an excellent choice for those who don't want to over do the carnivorous on them! The wine selection is awesome! enjoy!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank DePonce
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty good, but not quite like in Brazil”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This was a spacious and nice restaurant, but the service was slow and not terribly attentive. The food was good, but over-priced. I'll save the money and spend it on the real deal during my next trip to South America

Visited November 2011
Boca Raton, Florida
“Not for anyone on a diet! So much food!”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Easy central location with valet. Upon arrival, the front entrance was packed and I had to squeeze through to get to the hostess stand. However, we had a reservation and we were seated immediately. The salad/side bar was just okay, but in my opinion not amazing and borderline disappointing in size and selection. Could have been much better. However, in a way, I’m glad as I saved my appetite for the amazing cuts of meat and side dishes. Don’t go if you’re a light eater or vegetarian!
The warm cheese bread is phenomenal and I had to force myself to stop eating it! The caramelized bananas are also incredible! A few of the meats were overly salty for my liking, however, the sirloins were amazing. The service was fantastic and very attentive. Overall – great restaurant and I would recommend to anyone not on a diet!

• Visited March 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Service!”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This chain is one my favorite!!! The salad bar is awsome, full of top quality food to include meat, cheese and bread. There is so much meat to chose from that they bring fresh and cut right on your plate. I love the sides they give you. The service is the best. I have never had to ask for a refill. They never even let the glass get half full. We visit everytime we are in town.

• Visited June 2011