“Comfortable bed, large appartment”

Meridian Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 37 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Fargo, North Dakota
“Comfortable bed, large appartment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Visited DC for a friend’s wedding. She reserved this bed and breakfast for our family. I trusted her so much that I didn’t look at any pictures or read any information before my arrival. She booked an awesome place! Never staying at a bed-n-breakfast before, I really didn’t know what to expect. Our family of four (2 adults and two kids, ages 4 and 2) stayed it the basement apartment. It is set aside from the rest of the house and was perfect for us. I loved the washer and dryer, as it was needed after a long three day car ride from MN. The garage was also a pleasant surprise. Internet worked well and bed was comfortable. Couch was perfect for my girls.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank msum_rose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Meridian Manor is a decent B&B that actually welcomes one-night reservations. I wasted a lot of time trying to find a B&B in central DC for one night, and finally ended up asking the folks at BedandBreakfastDC.com -- I'd ended up talking to them because I was inquiring about a different place that, like so many others, wouldn't take a one-night reservation. So I was glad to get a confirmed booking. I did have to pay for my stay in advance, and it was also a bit hard to communicate directly with the B&B, since I did not get an email address for them. However, BedandBreakfastDC.com did handle my inquiries directly. I was also pleasantly surprised that John, the owner, phoned me on the day of my arrival to confirm details.

The place itself is closer to Adams Morgan than Dupont Circle, and is a bit tricky to find -- the address is straightforward, but the house itself is not well marked. My taxi driver had to double back, and I even missed it walking on foot at night. The place is decent, though the furnishings are a bit of a hodge-podge, and have a sort of just-out-of-college-apartment feel. The bathroom sink faucet in my room is installed in such a way that it's a bit awkward to use the water because the stream is so short. But altogether, there's nothing wrong with the place and I was glad for a one-night stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Andri07
ustreet, Owner at Meridian Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
First of all, I guess I appreciate that this guest said that there was nothing wrong with our place, and that she thought it was a decent place. Thank You
Our house is not hard to find.
Some guests dont even come with the address(which I still dont understand), and therefore say that it was hard to find. I think some guests expect to see a big flashing neon sign in front, But its just a house bnb in downtown DC, with the address CLEARLY written, and is 17 blocks north of the White House on 16th st(one of the most known streets in DC).
In regards to this guest disliking our furniture....We have some ikea chairs and ikea side tables in our bedrooms, which we put alot of thought into buying and we like them for its practicaliity
Our faucet, which this guest, thought was too short, has been fine with probably 1000 other guests over the years and no one has ever mentioned anything about it. The faucet is fine.
John the owner
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Excellent accommodation and location cannot be beat. Great restaurants all around and great restaurant advice from hosts. Easy access to Metro and other DC areas.

Very friendly....As another reviewer put it..."Hosts made us feel like family". Nice breakfast vibe from hosts and guests. Breakfast good (fruits, sweets, protein, coffee/tea). Good start to a long DC walking day for us.

Highly recommended and would/will certainly return on our next DC trip.

Room Tip: Chocolate Room is so large that one person can sleep and another can read without disturbing the sle...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank debandjim3201
North Bergen, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

My first visit to DC and it was wonderful, John greeted us on our arrival and was GREAT!
Filled us in on what we needed to know, showed us around; enjoyed my conversations when I ever ran into him. We were close enough to walk to everything or take mass transit.
Would definitely be back and recommend to friends to visit the Meridian. JOHN, thank you!
Juan & Vic

Room Tip: Home was quiet, most visitor's are business types and are first thing in the morning. Rooms are...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JayCee R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

As a first time visitor--and a very nervous one at that!!--I can't begin to express how comforting it was to stay here! From the moment we walked in we were warmly welcomed and by the time we left, it was like leaving the home of a close friend! Very helpful with directions and suggestions to make our trip as wonderful and comfortable as possible. We would definitely come back. (And hopefully WILL in 2016 when the renovations are finished to the museums we didn't get to see.)

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and had a shared bathroom. This was not a problem for us, but it could be...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Potters1wife
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my experience was at Meridian Manor. They made us feel like family from the get go. The room was clean and warm. They were able to accommodate my needs. I would recommend them to anyone. Thank you for a wonderful experience

Room Tip: Of the two rooms I saw, mine and my son's both were absolutely wonderful
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Riddlemewillo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Great experience, John the host was great, room was fine and recommended, breakfast conversations delight. All in all I have no hesitations recommending and would return again if going back to Washington.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo