“Visit with son”

Ranked #13 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
CARMEL
“Visit with son”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We chose this place because it was on the same metro line as our son who was working in college park. It was a great location, near the metro stop and in a very hip area of town. The bed was comfortable, the continental breakfast generous and the host, John, was very friendly. I would highly recommend this b&b to anyone staying in Washington, D.C.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Youngstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Second time I stay at the Meridian Manor with family in from England. Really enjoyed our first visit so when taking family to DC I of course chose this place again. John was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I most certainly enjoy staying at a nice bed and breakfast where you really feel welcomed into someones home and I was once again not disappointed. Location was convenient to the metro if needed but if willing to walk a bit, it is easy to get to downtown and also the zoo. Parking was very easy to get to and definitely convenient. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a personal touch and not just a stay in a hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This B&B is located in a vibrant and pleasant area, close to the heart of DC and well located for public transport. John is a generous and ever helpful host, able to advice on all local issues. The place has period heritage ambience and feels secure and relaxed.

The rooms are spacious and the wifi works well, with TV and loads of storage space. A great place to stay for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: I had the master queen suite, facing the street. Even so it was not noisy. Very spacious, with two w...
California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I just returned from D.C. and spent two nights in the Chocolate Room.

While the owners are friendly-the B&B is sub-par. When I arrived the sheet on the bed was wrinkled and did not smell fresh. After the first day the room was not cleaned at all. Towels were not replaced, picked up, and the bed was not made.

The room was also poorly maintained-the curtain restraints were coming out of the wall and the house has an ambiance of neglect.

On the positive side the parking was very cheap @ $15/night. There is also a Starbucks a few feet away from the house-so the morning coffee was good.

Not for me.

Room Tip: The house has a lot of potential but suffers from neglect. It is poorly maintained and is in seriou...
3 Thank Bryan M
ustreet, Owner at Meridian Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
This guest did not come with the address and was lost for an hour. He never called me.
We are 17 blocks north of the white house.
The chocolate room does not look like the photo he took.
We spoke to him for a long time to get him acclimated to DC.
He of course had everything fresh in his room.. He only stayed for 2 days, and he didnt ask for anything. I gave him 3 sets of towels which should have been enough for 1 person.
My place is clean and has good furniture, and I understand everyplace needs to be kept up, and thats why we work everyday, to ensure this.
Anyone staying at our place will see me working hard.
Woodbridge,Ct
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Meridian Manor is in a perfect location, within walking distance of anything you could possibly need as well as to a multitude of great restaurants. I was helping my son move into his first apartment in DC and found the Meridian Manor to be the perfect place to stay. John went out of his way to be helpful. Every piece of advise he gave, and every restaurant he recommended, were spot on. Since DC can be a bit difficult to navigate, John's help was indispensable. It is close to Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan. The breakfast is European style. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The house itself is a beautiful old structure that is comfortably furnished with antiques. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Parking is available. I will definitely be back to stay there with my husband when we visit. Overall, I would highly recommend the Meridian Manor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at Meridian Manor for 2 nights in June, 2014 and was extremely satisfied. While booking, the hotel prices seemed exorbitant and I was a little skeptical about this B&B. However the place is very comfortable with excellent rooms. I stayed in the master suite queen room and it was spacious and very well furnished. The internet was great and I didn't miss a hotel even for a bit. John is an excellent host and was in constant touch. The building itself is from 1800s and there is a pleasant feel to it.

The breakfast was good and John is gracious enough to leave some fruits and cakes in the kitchen in case one felt hungry at an odd time. The location is close to the bus stand and very close to Adam's Morgan and Dupont circle.

I definitely recommend the place and would be happy to stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the master queen suite and it was better than what it seems in the photos. I'd imagi...
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here with our two young kids for a weekend trip to DC. This was our second stay here. The innkeeper, John, is super-friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back next time we come to DC.

Room Tip: rooms in the back of the house may have less street noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family