“Grimy. Gross. We won't be back anytime soon!”
Review of Rhino Bar & Pumphouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rhino Bar & Pumphouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Good for: Bar Scene
Reviewed 28 April 2013

While my wife and I decided to have a beer at Rhino Bar while we waited for a friend to meet up with us. Like Ron Burgundy said upon jumping into the bear pit - "I IMMEDIATELY regret this decision!" An unfriendly bartender poured the most disgusting tasting Sam Adam's I've had in a while. It made me wonder when (what year) they cleaned out their taps. We also found out the menu is awful and most of the TV screens are hard to see. Go spend your money somewhere else.

There are newer reviews for Rhino Bar & Pumphouse

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Located conspicuously close to that cupcake place from the reality show, it's as close to a "dive bar" as you can get in the criminally overpriced neighborhood of Georgetown. Hopping during playoffs, but I once went with friends on a Saturday night and it was almost empty. A ghost town, including the creepy "club" upstairs. At least the service is consistent: it takes a terribly long time to get drinks or a cheque, regardless of whether it's packed to capacity or like being in an echo chamber. I haven't tried the food, so I can't comment there, but the drink specials and beer selection are enough to make me *almost* forgive the amount of unmitigated Yankees hate here.

Almost.

A solid choice if you're looking for someplace with televisions and cheap-ish booze.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Wings specials, drinks are average price. Seating on folding metal chairs and at six foot banquet tables. Best part is gathering with other Eagles fans. The pub needs an to be remodeled.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Came in on a Monday night after eating at Pizzeria Paradiso. The place was empty. We got a couple of rounds of drinks, which were ok, but our server didn't seem to know anything at all about the most rudimentary drinks. After a while, at 9 or so, we started hearing some noise upstairs and saw a trickle of people heading up. Just a sports bar with a somewhat unattractive crowd, dead on a monday. Granted, that is not a condemnation - it is after all, a Monday, but I was generally unimpressed.

Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

Just finished a lunch time meal at this Georgetown establishment. Food was decent, but service was HORRIFIC. COMPLETELY HORRIFIC. We had to ask four times for flatware, including going to the bar. Then ONE of us received flatware while our spaced-out server darted behind the bar and practiced making drinks. I asked again and she then cashed out someone else while we sat with food and one person with flatware. I ordered a drink that never arrived; fortunately I was not charged. With service so critical in the competitive dining industry, this should be your last choice following street vendors and spilled food on the street. I would give service a zero or negative number if a could. If service does not matter and atmosphere is something you fly through, then avoid.

1  Thank IgoPlaces