“Best breakfast ever”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Upper Northwest
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place has terrific food. We only had to wait in line for 5 minutes on a very busy Sunday. Loved the big city hustle and bustle. Outstanding service!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,239)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is situated a little further a field from main area but still easily accessible by bus or taxi. It's more of a local hangout, especially cops as there were two tables of them! It's a cool informal place, with dog biscuits at the entrance. The waitress was very helpful and willing to offer alternative options for veg dishes. The pancakes were good, I had some eggs and hash browns which were delicious. This place seemed to get busy, so maybe come early.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We sat at a table near an open window and enjoyed the cool air while we waited for our food. Our waiter Richard was one of the most accommodating servers we have ever had! The menu was varied, and we all enjoyed our choices. We highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family and I were in the Omni Shoreham hotel next to this bistro and went for breakfast instead of paying the extortionate hotel rates! This was a great place with a good choice from healthy to hearty food! Service was great and friendly. The breakfast kept me going with a snack at lunch so portions are a good size. Coffee was well brewed and cappuccino was strong, unlike some! This is a good thing in my eyes!! They do a dinner too which we tried which is standard American fare but still good.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Omni Shoreham and the Open City restuarant was just across the street from us. We'd walk over in the morning to have breakfast. The coffee (one of their signature items) is very good. I enjoyed it. They serve their coffee with animal crackers (I hadn't had animal crackers since I was a kid). Other than the coffee, the food I had there was quite good as well. The omelets are great, the pancakes are good. I would recommend this restaurant for a nice place to go and enjoy a meal. We only ate breakfast there, but they also serve lunch and dinner and they have a bar as well.