I have stayed at this property twice this month. It is a newly constructed and recently opened hotel at one of the rapidly redevelopment areas in DC.
Pros: The management and staff members have the ability to relate to a wide spectrum of business and leisure travelers in a varied selection of work endeavors. Housekeeping does the superb job to keep this property clean.
Among all dedicated employees, Ms. Teemon has excelled herself at work. She carefully analyzes the business duties she engages in and is not prone to rash or rushed decisions. She is agile on her feet and is able to resolve issues in a timely and professional manner. I compliment her abilities to perform her multiple tasking duties in a superior manner. Never idle, she always assist guests. I am sure that she is the epitome of the strong work ethics so eagerly sought after in the job market.
I wish there were a shuttle service to/from Union Station and places within 3-5 mile radius. A near-by hotel near GU offers the service.
Cons: 1. Park your car at the hotel's valet. Parking one on the streets is "AYOR" (At Your own Risk). It is still a redeveloping area and I would not recommend it.
2. This is the first hotel to try to charge me some free amenities. I have stayed at Park Hyatt. Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Andaz, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place and other hotels; however, this was the first hotel to ask me to pay for a make-up remover and so forth in my second visit to this hotel this month.
3. On my day of checking out, I received a surprising call from a female employee who asked me who had allowed me to check out at 4:00 p.m. As a Diamond member, none of other Hyatt hotels contacted and asked me such a question.
Setting side the minor issues, I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Give the newly opened hotel a chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 14-story hotel is located in the northern portion of the NoMa district of Washington, D.C., the fastest developing neighborhood in D.C. with a vibrant mixed‐used development that sits just north of, and in view of the Capitol Building. The 200 oversized guestrooms are perfect for unwinding and relaxing with earthy colors and natural materials include a small sitting area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Place Washington, DC / US Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.