“Unavoidable, an excellent place for meat”

Annie's Paramount Steak House
Ranked #250 of 3,215 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
“Unavoidable, an excellent place for meat”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were in town for three nights and we chose to eat dinner there twice, with no regrets. Their steaks were excellent, service was very good (Willam the first time and Martin the second time). We wish we could have stayed another night to try other items on the menu. Some will tell you that the place is a bit noisy but you can't blame the place for being popular. Besides, we've eaten in much noisier places. Their wine selection is not huge but well-balanced. Prices are very reasonable, especially considering what you get in terms of quality. Portion size is also very good; we never walked out hungry.

• Visited July 2014

Holden, Massachusetts
“My new favorite local spot”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped in late for a bite to eat and was not disappointed. It is hard to find good food in the area after 8:30/9:00 and I am often getting in late after a flight.

The "bull in a pan" (steak tips) is a house speciality and it was very good. I think the prices are actually very good for the area (DC is expensive) so I would rank it high on value as well.

The interior is cozy but not cramped. Many of the tables and booths are close together so I might not do a business lunch here if privacy is a concern.

Atmosphere makes you feel like you have discovered a local hangout, even if it is your first time here.

I waffled on giving this a 4 or 5. It is a solid 4.5 in my book.

Montpelier, Vermont
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The food was good but not fantastic, a little expensive for only mediocre service and a very noisy atmosphere. We could barely hear the server.

Visited June 2014
“Good local restaurant”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Good location, Good food great service, they make you feel like you have been coming to this restaurant for years. I look forward to going back the next time I am in DC.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Benjamin D
Roanoke, Virginia
“Always accepting”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

For my DC trip this year during Capital Pride, I came here because I knew I was going to feel welcomed. While as an entertainer I travel throughout the east coast, I usually do not stop in a restaurant when I am dressed. However, I did this time and no one there batted an eye. They served me and my friends as though we were family.
So of course, I went back the next day and thanked them for everything that they had done and had yet another wonderful meal with friends.
Coming to DC?? Come to Annie's!

• Visited June 2014