“Go to this place”

Ranked #2 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
London UK
“Go to this place”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A bit of a delayed review - I stayed in the ECGH for a week in Nov 2013 whilst attending a conference in Washington. The building, a converted embassy, is beautiful, and the interior decor is even better throughout. The owners were just amazing - warm, friendly, talkative - and most of all super helpful (they drove me to my conference one day when I was running late). I'd give it 4.9 stars - being very picky, I've knocked off a negligible bit of a star because on the first night it got a bit too cool for me - as it was November it would have been grand if the central heating was turned on but this was resolved after that initial night, and was really not a significant issue.
I have stayed in many B&Bs in different countries, and this for me is easily one of the top - or the top one - in terms of the complete experience. Did I mention that there was home made cakes, bread and cookies on the sideboard every day and that wine and canapes were served to guests each evening? I honestly had a wonderful time, I would definitely like to return when on holiday as the BB is really conveniently located for transport links or walking to popular attractions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Shayee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Thank you to Laura, Raymond, Betty, Irina and everyone hosting at Embassy Circle for another marvelous stay. Everything is immaculate as it has been during our two prior stays. Breakfast is delightful. It's as beautiful a home as you can possibly imagine. The quality of the construction is impressive. The soundproofing is impressive. Heck, everything is impressive. This is fine hospitality - sincere, authentic and not put on in any way. Laura and Raymond are true professionals and it shows from the moment you arrive.

Room Tip: We have stayed on each floor now and liked them all. There is an elevator to take your bags to the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kbaker7
portland, or
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I have stayed in wonderful bed and breakfasts and in wonderful hotels worldwide. I would be hard pressed to imagine any could be better than this place. I would say that for two reasons: One is the facility and and service, this guest house would rate as the very best one could find anywhere. The second is the warmth and intellectual humanity of the owners. Laura and Raymond share a world view second to none. And they instill, through conversation and getting everyone to know each other, a dimension that rarely exists in travel.
Their guests are from everywhere and are young and old, but when you leave the first thought is, "God I am going to miss mornings with Laura and Raymond and everybody we met." Embassy Circle Guest House is more than a place to lay your head, it is an experience like no other.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, period.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank doctormm
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I decided to treat myself while on holiday with my daughter this spring. Embassy Circle far exceeded my expectations! It's incredibly beautiful, spotless and you could not ask for better hosts.Raymond, Laura and team are knowledgeable , helpful and "just plain nice". They are also interesting and add flavor to your stay with great stories and inside scoop on the area. The wine receptions in the evening were enjoyable and gave me an opportunity to talk with interesting people from all over the world. Breakfast is less ample than at other B&B's we have stayed at but nonetheless very good (great coffee-which is a must for me). A couple of afternoons we just lounged and read in the luxurious and comfortable living room. So relaxing! Embassy Circle is quite convenient to the Metro and is in easy walking distance to restaurants and shops. I highly recommend Embassy Circle-I feel like I made two new friends in addition to having an unblemished stay in a wonderful city.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jackie640
Afton, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at Embassy Circle Guest House with another couple four nights in Early April. Because of the many positive reviews published here on TripAdvisor, we were expecting a pleasant stay. But "pleasant" is totally inadequate to describe our experience. Faultless, sublime, and incomparable come to mind, though nothing quite captures the unique experience of calling this house our home for a few days. We can start with our spacious, quiet, beautifully-decorated and well-equipped room. Then add the gracious living and dining rooms where we enjoyed lovely breakfasts and afternoon wine gatherings and conversation with Laura, Raymond and friendly, interesting guests. Not to be missed are Betty and Irina, the friendly, personable, knowledgeable and helpful staff. And the serene, quiet, upscale neighborhood makes for a restful place to come home to, while still providing easy, walking access to top-notch restaurants and the Metro. Be sure to ask Laura to prepare her wonderful recipe for scrambled eggs and encourage Raymond to relate his many and interesting stories about the house and his journey in life. We will never visit D,C. without staying here, nor will our friends if we have our way.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front on the second floor. Very private and quiet. Noise was not an issue, eve...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Denis S
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Clean, very quiet & elegant neighborhood . What you get by staying here is unmatched hospitality. At the end of the day they greet you by your first names. Very good breakfast , early evening wine & snack shared with interesting & polite travelers . Stay there, you will like it.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Motorcr
Chittenden, Vermont
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We keep on returning to this beautiful and welcoming B&B! We love the well appointed rooms free of television, the fresh breakfasts with interesting travelers from afar, and the wonderfully personal service. It is everything we want in a travel stay. Thank you, Laura and Raymond, for making it so special. Already looking for the next excuse to return...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family