“The Scandals walking tour with Peachy was excellent”

Big Bus Tours Washington DC
Big Bus Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #27 of 143 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The open-top deck of a Big Bus tour is the best way to see Washington DC. Sit back and relax as you are transported passed the iconic landmarks that make America's Capital so recognizable and special. Our sightseeing tours are designed to provide a flexible approach to city discovery. Your hop-on, hop-off ticket provides you the freedom to get off the bus to explore and visit attractions. Buses run regularly so re-joining the tour is easy.
Seattle, Washington
“The Scandals walking tour with Peachy was excellent”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It was raining and the buses were delayed due to traffic. I'd been waiting a while in the rain for the bus and when Peachy came along offering the free walking tour - I took it up. But the walking tour turned out to be the highlight of the day. He had many stories to share on the scandals in the Whitehouse and I loved it! Don't miss this when you get to Willard Hotel - the walk is for an hour roughly and totally worth it! Made my day!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the open top buses!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a wonderful experience. Steven was a great guide. Would recommend this tour to anyone going to the DC area.

“Great Ride”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time on the Big Bus tour
We had awesome tour guides- Tom Thompson, Jeff, Monique, and Paul. They were professional and friendly and so so knowledgeable about DC. It really made the tour interesting. Riding the Big Bus gave us an outline of DC and the night tour was amazing and I will highly recommended it. The bus takes you to the key locations and they have so many stops so it's pretty convenient. Well worth it!

“Lost Day in DC”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I can't tell you how disappointed I was with our Big Bus Tour of Washington DC on July 6th. Both our driver and tour guide were very unprofessional. The microphone the tour guide used did not work properly and resulted in long periods of time when we were passing by monuments/attractions with no commentary. The buses themselves were loud and seemed to be in need of repair. All in all...a terrible experience. Stick with Old Town Trolley.

Mem
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Could be better...”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family was visiting DC and didn't want to walk to all of the monuments, so we made the drive to Union Station and purchased a one day pass for the Big Bus. I was very excited to be riding on an air-conditioned bus in July heat, but that soon changed when the bus we got on had no air! I thought that maybe this was the only bus in this condition, but we hopped on and off several times and only had air conditioning on the last two buses! We had already melted by then...some buses were cleaner than others, so had nicer drivers than others. At a few stops some of the drivers and ticket takers were having heated discussions or being rude to each other. Now, enough I about their issues, I would highly recommend taking a hop on/off tour around DC; it is the best way to see the sights and to conserve your energy. However, I am sure that when I return to DC, I will be using another tour company...and yes, watch your head!