“GREAT way to see the Washington Mall and Monuments!”

Capital Segway Tours
Ranked #6 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Capital Segway is the only Segway-Authorized dealership and tour operator in the DC area, located just one block from the White House in the heart of the nation's capital. Book a tour of the National Mall today or stop by to check out the newest Segway models!
Lexington, Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“GREAT way to see the Washington Mall and Monuments!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've been to Washington a few times and have seen many of the main attractions, but never like this! Three of us went on a tour with a larger group. We were given ample training on the Segways at the shop, plus a "hands-on" tryout at the park across the street from the shop. Although I'd never ridden a Segway before, I felt completely ready to get out and go with the tour.

We had two guides who were well-informed and interesting. They kept things moving while keeping all of us where we needed to be. There is some riding on streets, but that is mostly in bike lanes. The rest is mostly on wide sidewalks.

I have to say, this is the most fun I've had in a long time in terms of sight-seeing! We did have a lightly warm day, and the ride gave a light breeze. We went to many of the main monument areas, although not right up to them. It was easy to see and usually stop and photograph any of the monuments along the way.

I would highly recommend Capital Segway Tours as a way to see the mall area. They were very professional yet kept the tour fun and informative. If you have never seen the monuments, this is a good way to get a quick look and get a "lay of the land." If you have seen many of them, as I have, this is a good way to get a refresher on them and to see many of them in one tour. AND, you cover a lot of ground without getting tired. The tour is about two hours, though, so you'll want to set aside time and be ready for that. For us, this was a perfect afternoon activity.

Visited August 2014

London
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great fun, a must for Washington”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Neither of us had ever ridden a Segway, so were a little apprehensive. But we needn't have worried – after a quick training session in the park across from the shop, we were ready to go. There were only 4 of us on the tour, so it felt very personal. The guide was very knowledgeable, and flexible in what we did. We covered most of the main sites, and it is a great way to get around, definitely much quicker than walking! We are now Segway converts, and would definitely recommend this tour!

Visited April 2014
Odessa, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun, cool, and a nice overview of D.C.”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Trying to orient my teenage daughter, who is NOT "into" museums, sights, or history, to D.C. was a unique challenge until we discovered Capital Segway Tours. We had SO MUCH FUN! She saw the sights and I accomplished orienting her to the major sights in our nation's capital. Win Win!

Sydney
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“The ONLY way to see the Mall”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was so much fun and informative as well, how can you go wrong? I had never been on a Segway before, but we were given plenty of training both in the store and across the road in the park, after 20 mins I felt like an expert. It was a hot day in Washington and I was so grateful to be able to zoom along to all our stops with a cool breeze and felt sorry for all the people slogging it out in the blazing sun. There is a lot of ground to cover and we saw all the main monuments and museums along the way. Our guide Jason? was excellent and it was great to have earphones so he could continuously talk to us, instead of us having to stop and gather round (often without shade), like we saw other groups doing. This was the highlight of my Washington trip and I would strongly recommend it to everyone.

Visited July 2014
Peoria, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“First time customer”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

In town on business, decided to book the Segway tour with 4 other people from work. We paid $67@ for the tour, which started about 7:15 pm, and lasted approx 2 hours.
My group was running a few minutes late, and the tour guides not only held the tour a few minutes for us, they never mentioned it. After a quick safety video & practice operating the Segway, we donned (furnished) helmets & radios, and headed out.
It was my first time driving a Segway, and it was both easy & tremendous fun - per unanimous vote of everyone in my group. We quickly breezed all over the major tourist sites, and the guides provided a thorough & knowledgable guided tour via the radios.. We stopped long enough for photo opportunities, and the guides offered to operate our cameras to take pics of us in front of the attractions. Guides were polite, and very safety oriented. I would do this again, and if would rent here again!!!

Visited July 2014