“Delicious and Great service”
Review of Oya - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: H & 9th NW
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown on the red and yellow line. Get off at the 9th Street Exit and we are one block away.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were new to D.C., and spending our anniversary night out. A look at a travel brochure led us here and we were not disappointed. The sushi was great and so was the lamb. It had a great staff and wonderful ambiance. I particularly liked the fire place but the water feature and lighting all made for a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I thought from the reviews and appearance this would be a great place for dinner. Wrong! I was dining alone so I sat at the bar, which was pretty empty, the bartender barely spoke to me. He seemed put out when I asked to order food. When my food came out he never offered soy sauce which was sitting further down the bar. Since it was EMPTY it didn't seem to like he had much else to do, except lean in a corner and say how slow it was to waitresses. The food wasn't that amazing. DC is full of much better options!

1  Thank elevatedlady
Reviewed 3 August 2014

5 of us had a delightful evening. The dining room was beautiful, with a modern waterfall and long elegant fireplace. Primary color was white, but warm feelings. Very different interior. Food was excellent. I had a gorgeous salad and entree of big juicy lamb chops, with a baked slices of apple that were memorable. Others had great steaks, Chilean sea bass. They had a special that was somewhat confusing allowing 3 of 4 of: drink, entree, appetizer and/or dessert for $25. A very great value, but for some reason you couldn't order the drinks, if any, until you knew all of your other 2 items. It was not convenient to have to pick all your items at one time. That was very memorable, too. It was a great idea to have a selection of 3 out of 4, but poorly executed in the real world. Surely, the waiter could keep tabs on those who had drinks or didn't.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Beautiful place- stunning decor. Had the special Executive Lunch with the salmon, sushi, and the salad with mini bread pudding for dessert for $25. Delish! Took my daughter there to celebrate her 21st- she loved it too and they gave her a little cake with candle lit. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went with a business associate to this restaurant while on a recent trip to DC. While the décor seemed very interesting, I found the menu limited and boring. They offered a special rib eye steak which I ordered. While not technically overcooked, it was probably the toughest steak I have ever been served in any restaurant. The service, while friendly and attentive did not overcome the barely adequate food.