“Relaxing”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: H & 9th NW
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown on the red and yellow line. Get off at the 9th Street Exit and we are one block away.
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Great Music. Great Food. Great Service. Great People. Great Entertainment. Great Atmosphere. Great Place.

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

The restaurant has reopened as BOE. It's just down 9th St. from the convention center. The menu is gourmet / home cooking...a bit Southern but with an international twist. Entrees range from $15 to $24, with a few "for two" options at $40. The sharing plates are generous for a couple or a tasting for a party of four.

The wait staff is really attentive. The place was practically empty as this is only their second day in business. There's a huge convention in town and we just walked right in...a little worried that there must be something wrong, but then found out they just opened the day before.

It was a treat!

As entrees I tried the fried chicken with Kim Chee donuts. My companions had the brisket, the osso buco, and the sea bass. All were delicious and not too large portion sizes. Just right. We each enjoyed a dessert...the peach cake with crime freche ice cream was awesome!

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

This is one of my favorite restaurants in DC. The food, upscale decor and top notch service keeps me returning. They are always friendly and attentive. The restaurant is usually busy and the noise level is higher than I care for but that is to be expected in a place that is filled with happy customers. I enjoy their high standards put in to preparing their dishes and presentation. The drinks are also good.
My one complaint was stopping in one night before the kitchen closed. The food was not cooked to its high standard I am used to getting by them. Overall, I love this place and am always eager to eat there.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

From the moment I walked in the wait staff was both friendly and attentive. Umberto, the bartender, was engaging, knowledgeable about the menu, and actually steered me to try dishes (eel and branzino) that I had never tried before. I let him order dessert for me. The food was delicious, nice portions, and well presented. The restaurant is due to close soon for renovations, I hope they do not lose the staff they have because I could not see one reason to renovate, in my mind it is perfect as is. I aim to return next year to see what they did and hopefully experience another wonderful meal and a drink poured by Umberto.

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

We've been on vacation from Texas for over 10 days and needed something different than steakhouses and pubs. This was a good change of food. We love sushi and really liked the sashimi platter (salmon, tuna & whitefish). The prices are a little high but kinda expect that for this area. Our teenaged son and nephew both liked the typhoon roll. The atmosphere is very nice and relaxing.