“Fun place”
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hank's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Hank's Oyster Bar
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is where the cool folk hang out. Food is great. Price is right. Look for congressional staffers here.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

While wandering around Dupont on our vacation we stumbled upon Hank's during Happy Hour. Great value and even better oysters. A food critic was sitting next to us at the bar and could not believe that we just happened upon this gem. Amazing, first class service. We will definitely return again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I happened upon Hank's Oyster bar from a recommendation from an acquaintance I met on the Metro. He and his wife were traveling in the same direction as I was around noon and we started talking while waiting for the train. I couldn't get the idea of an oyster out of my mind for the rest of the day. That night I took a quick bus ride from the Capital Hilton 3 stops to Q Street and 2 minutes later arrived at this nice quaint restaurant. I happened to get there right before the end of happy hour (7:00) where the oysters were $1.00 each. Naturally I wanted 1 dozen and I chose an assortment of the 3 choices available that day. I like my oysters a little briny so there were two choices that I loved - the other, not so much, kind of plain but still clean and delicious. I probably could have eaten another dozen but instead I had the Fried Oyster dinner, YUM!! I also tried a few Belgian beers that are not on most menus but were also nice and tasty. My advice - try it if you like oysters - but go for happy hour and get the bar snacks at reduced rates along with the oysters.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Come after 10:00pm. for the cheapest Oysters in town. It helps that they're local and great too. It does not hurt that the location is pretty great and the bartenders and general staff are always nice too.
Food can be a bit pricey, and a bit on the average side, but the drinks are pretty good, and for DC it is all within the price range one can expect.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great nightly specials, great food. Small bowl of chocolate for dessert. Reasonably priced, always fun.

1  Thank SUZ H