“Highly recommend this tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 140 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Loves Park, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommend this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I did the Monuments at Night tour with Dan King recently and was so happy that I did. His knowledge, sense of humor and engaging personality made the tour very fun. The group size was just right. The length was just right. After the sun set, the sky lit up bright orange and added to the beauty of the National Mall and the Memorials. By the time we got to the Lincoln Memorial, it was completely dark and was perfect. My friend and I sat at the top of the Memorial for a while to take in the beauty of the Lincoln Memorial and the brightly lit Capitol Building behind it while we contemplated what we had just learned. Don't miss this tour. I intend to take more DC by Foot tours when I return!

1 Thank nurseLovesPark_IL

• Thai first
Waipahu, Hawaii
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Excellent Tours. Don't spend big money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Took 3 tours in 1 day. The Arlington Cemetery Tour with Canden, a 5 Star Tour. The National Mall Tour with Dan, also 5 Stars, even with the weather. Finally we did the Secrets and Scandals Tour with Erin and had a blast. I would recommend these tours to anyone, young and young at heart, in all physical condition. Easy walks with lots of great information and photo ops. My hats off to the tour guides.

2 Thank Peter D
Linton, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Please do this! It was really amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I planned a last minute BUDGET trip to Washington DC over Memorial Day weekend! Kara went way above and way beyond! I sent her text asking if I could modify the tour a bit since we had already been to Arlington that morning to see President Obama place the wreath on the tomb of the Unknown soldier earlier... She was helpful and quick to respond via text. We loved the tour and would do it again!

Canada
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Excellent tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Today we had two tours by DC by foot. The first was the "All in One" which takes about four hours and you visit the majority of the monuments on the National Mall.
Our guide, Kara, was very personable and informative. My wife and I enjoyed all of the information that Kara provided to the group, she had many different tidbits of information to share.
Make sure to take a bottle of water, especially on a hot day.
The second tour was the "Lincoln Assassination Tour" with Stephen. This tour lasted about 2.5 hours and was excellent as well. Stephen knew his history well and was a very good speaker. He clearly loves his job and providing information.

I highly recommend this tour company and their unique model.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This tour is free and you tip the tour guide based on your experience. We had Canden has a tour guide and she did a phenomenal job. We did the National Mall Tour but they have many tours to offer. This was the perfect kick start to our D.C. trip.