“way to go above and beyond!”
Review of DC by Foot

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 147 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our tour guide not only waited for us for half an hour, we were terribly late, she did our tour in the pouring rain, keeping my high school students engaged and laughing even though were were soaked!

We did the Secrets and Scandals tour, which was great for high schoolers because it kept their interest and taught them something they wouldn't get out of a textbook!

Great value for the money!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We did the Historical Georgetown and Lincoln Assassination tours back in July. Becca is the best! Such a great story telling and a hoot too! I am still tickled with her " historical boyfriend" comment.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I took this tour by foot last week, it was long but interesting. I had my 7 yo and she enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend it. We went through a lot of the monuments and he knew history and facts from each, Chris was a good tour guide.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our guide Chris met the group on time and we started off with about 30 people. Chirs was very knowledgable about the area and history, funny, engaging, and kept things going at a pace that was comfortable. He clearly knew his history, and was passionate about sharing it. Two hours flew by! even my younger children kept up (they are 4 & 7), even when they didn't get everything that was being said. My husband and I and 13 year old daughter LOVED it. My only regret is that we didn't go on some of their other tours! We made a $40 donation and I would have paid more, had we had the cash on us. A pretty fantastic deal, especially compared with the other tours out there.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We did a DC by Foot 3.5 hour evening bus tour. The weekend of Aug 1. It was awesome on all points. The price was just right for our family of four, Dave our tour guide was knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and as happy as we were to see all the sights.
I was able to reserve online the morning of the tour. We stopped at the Capitol building, the jefferson memorial and tidal basin, the MLK memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the Korean and Vietnam memorials, the air force and iwo jima memorials and ended with the white house. We also drove by the washington monument, the netherlands carillon, and the pentagon. For $16 a person plus tip of your choice you can't do better. I highly reccomend to all!

2  Thank Ellen P