“Fabulous!”

Historic Georgetown Walking Tour
Lincoln Walking Tour in Washington DC
Ranked #1 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Essex, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We took three tours with 'Free tours by Foot' in Washington DC after discovering how great they were on our first leg of our trip in New York. Yet again, we were not disappointed. We would recommend these tours over the bus tours.

As a family with 2 children (12 and 14) we wondered how well a walking tour would go down. We would highly recommend especially if trying to visit a place such as a National Cemetery, not usually a teenagers idea of a morning well spent. The children were completely engaged and the guides were entertaining, kind and highly knowledgeable.

The tours we took with Free Tours on Foot were - The National Mall, Washington by night (minibus) and Arlington National Cemetery.

Our guides Kara and Dan were amazing. They pitched their talks perfectly and kept the group (usually 20-35 people) engaged with historical facts and stories. They answered questions and explained things in more detail when asked. We were very impressed with Kara's knowledge when put on the spot of President Taft's dates of office by an American visitor (she could have told us Brits anything!) Back at our hotel, I checked my 'US Presidents' ruler and she was spot on.

The thing I liked about the guides was that after explaining about how the tour worked, money was never mentioned again. They discretely took the tip and thanked you. This made us give more as there was no hard sell or pressure.

Be warned, if you book one of these tours you will be hooked! Glad they are now in the UK. Will definitely check out the London tours.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Sarah W

• Thai first
Des Moines, Iowa
“way to go above and beyond!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our tour guide not only waited for us for half an hour, we were terribly late, she did our tour in the pouring rain, keeping my high school students engaged and laughing even though were were soaked!

We did the Secrets and Scandals tour, which was great for high schoolers because it kept their interest and taught them something they wouldn't get out of a textbook!

Great value for the money!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Tours!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We did the Historical Georgetown and Lincoln Assassination tours back in July. Becca is the best! Such a great story telling and a hoot too! I am still tickled with her " historical boyfriend" comment.

Miami, Florida
“Tours by foot free...”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I took this tour by foot last week, it was long but interesting. I had my 7 yo and she enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend it. We went through a lot of the monuments and he knew history and facts from each, Chris was a good tour guide.

Visited August 2014
Advance, North Carolina, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“I can't say enough good things!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our guide Chris met the group on time and we started off with about 30 people. Chirs was very knowledgable about the area and history, funny, engaging, and kept things going at a pace that was comfortable. He clearly knew his history, and was passionate about sharing it. Two hours flew by! even my younger children kept up (they are 4 & 7), even when they didn't get everything that was being said. My husband and I and 13 year old daughter LOVED it. My only regret is that we didn't go on some of their other tours! We made a $40 donation and I would have paid more, had we had the cash on us. A pretty fantastic deal, especially compared with the other tours out there.