“Arlington National Cemetery”

and up
Ghosts of Georgetown Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 143 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: DC by Foot is proud to offer an extensive schedule of pay-what-you-like Washington, DC tours, including the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, Capitol Hill, Georgetown and more. In addition to walking tours, we also offer food, bike, bus and photography tours. Our tours come with no upfront costs, allowing you to pay what you thought a tour was worth, or what you could afford, at the end of the tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Manassas Park, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Arlington National Cemetery”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband and I with our 10 year old daughter took the DC By Foot Tour with Dan King and are happy to say we all left feeling that it was a great experience. I would reccomend DC By Foot and I look forward to other tours that we have agreed to sign up and take as a family. Thank you Dan King for being energetic but not seeming phony, knowledgeable without seeming to "know it all" and for providing a great first experience with DC By Foot.

2 Thank Kristi S

• Thai first
Moorpark, CA
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Lincoln Assassination tour -- excellent”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our family of four, including two high school age teens, joined the Lincoln Assassination tour. The guide was enthusiastic, knowledgeable and a great public speaker. We learned a lot, got some exercise and gave him a health tip as gratitude for his effort. I strongly recommend it. I just wish we had time to join the other tours.

Visited June 2014
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We did three tours here, one by bus, two by foot. Unfortunately it rained for our first walking tour (National Mall0 and we were so soaking and uncomfortable we canceled the second tour (Lincoln Assassination). The bus tour was great! Our guide was so enthusiastic. Just read the description carefully. We were a little disappointed, as we wanted to see the 911 memorial, and although the description includes it, we did not see it. The first walking tour was fantastic, despite the rain. Our tour guide really knew her stuff! We did leave a little early (but had seen the Lincoln Memorial on a previous tour). These tours are certainly good value for money. The tour guide has to give you the best tour, or it is reflected in their earnings at the end of the tour, so you are guaranteed a great tour every time. Great concept

Hartford CT
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Great way to learn history”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We did the National Mall tour at 7 PM. I am a big fan of walking tours...they are a great way to learn about an area or monument in this case. Our guide Dave was great ...just enough info without overwhelming you. We got a lot out of his tour. I like the format to pay what you like as well. I wish I had more time during my visit for more of DC by Foot.

Visited August 2014
“All in One Walking Tour”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Quite a pleasant tour. Chris (host) was great. If you like to walk this tour is quite worthwhile. You learn about all the monuments and sightseeing of national mall and tidal basin.