Adam's Inn
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$550
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$416
US$371
US$382
US$332
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$286
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$402
US$378
  • Room Service
US$455
US$378
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$349
US$289
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$498
US$413
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$469
US$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$449
US$361
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsadams morganprivate bathshared bathroomyogurtcolumbia heightscarriage housebasement suitequiet residential streetother guestscontinental breakfastno elevatorgarage parkinggreat neighborhoodthird floorcommon areasfire stationcirculator bus
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed for a night & found the place to be clean & very comfortable with a quaint look as it is an old building. We arrived late having come in on the Amtrak from Boston & the staff were pleasant & helpful. The room was large enough for our luggage as my husband was traveling with his archery equipment for an international competition later on. The Inn is conveniently located because we walked around the block & purchased chinese takeout for dinner, bringing it back to Inn & using their crockery/ cutlery. Breakfast supplied next morning was certainly ample & varied. Chatting with other people while eating at the communal table was enjoyable. When it was time to leave we walked around the block again to the main street & grabbed a cab immediately. Overall, it was the perfect place for us & I would use it again if ever in DC.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelenWindle
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Accommodation in Washington DC is ridiculously overpriced - I had real problems finding anything half-decent within my budget. I'm pleased to say, however, that Adam's Inn did the job very nicely.

The inn comprises two houses next door to each other, both of which are very homely and relaxing. I really liked the Adam's Morgan area - it is safe, leafy and peaceful with lots of shops and cafes nearby. There is a subway station 10-15 minutes' walk away or you can stroll into downtown within about 30 minutes (I chose the latter option as it's a better way to see the city). If you're bringing a car, though, it's worth noting that parking is both limited and expensive.

The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Unlike many B&Bs and hotels, they think very much from a guest perspective rather than simply lining their pockets while providing the minimum standard of service. There are lots of areas in both houses to relax in, including the large porches, and a TV room. There is also a kitchenette for cooking basic meals (and a fridge and cupboard for storage), a dining area and laundry facilities. Complimentary granola bars and chocolate mints are available in the foyer - there is also a water cooler.

The breakfast was plentiful and good quality - cereals, breads and spreads, tea and coffee &c. The wifi worked well. The rooms are characterful and quirkily furnished (my room had four mirrors!), which adds to the homely, personalised feeling. I had an en-suite room, so can't comment on the cleanliness of the shared bathrooms, but I didn't have any housekeeping issues.

The only reason I've given this place four stars is that, because the houses are old, the walls are thin and the floors aren't carpeted, noise was a bit of an issue. You can hear people moving about and talking, so light sleepers might be advised to bring earplugs. Having said that, the main clientele appears to be families and mature couples, so not the kind of people who are likely to stumble in drunk at 4.00am. An added thing to note is that the bedrooms don't have televisions, although I personally wasn't bothered by that.

I would highly recommend this place over any extortionately-priced hotel in the downtown area. It is not right in the heart of the DC action, but if you can cope with a walk or a subway ride, it is well worth it because the standard is so high for what you pay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank freshlybrewedcoffee
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I live up the street, and have always sent friends and families to stay at the Adams Inn when they come to visit. But recently, I needed to stay at the Inn myself (long story...), so I got my first personal experience as a guest. Long story short, I loved it. It was charming, mellow, and easy. All the things you get but don't need in a hotel room (hair dryer! in-room coffee prep!) are stripped away, so all you get is...what you need. And the price reflects that. Lastly, I live in Adams Morgan, and love it intensely. So the Adams Inn location is ideal...on a quiet street, steps from the shops and restaurants of Adams Morgan, and a short Metro or bus ride from downtown. Stay at the Adams Inn!

Room Tip: Rear of building is best, but un-noisy in-room ACs create good white noise that covers all outside sound regardless.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank nosocksguy
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 nights in early June at Adam's Inn. Great residential street across from a firehall. Quiet and friendly the inn is situated in beautiful old townhouses and a carriage house. Basic accommodation (the Trip Advisor photo shows a room much nicer than mine was) and a simple breakfast, my only serious concern was over the level of cleanliness in my room and the bathroom nearest me. I was in room 101 and put up the "no service" sign following my first night because I didn't need any housekeeping. I removed the sign expecting housekeeping from then on. My room was skipped altogether on my second full day but resumed from the third day. I found that the walls around the sink had not been wiped down in awhile. The bathroom on the main floor between the breakfast room and the kitchen had not had its floor washed or even swept in quite a while. The wall behind the sink and the mirror frame had not been cleaned for a while either. I brought my concerns regarding the bathroom to the attention of the manager before I left. I would be curious to learn if this was corrected as she assured me it would be.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Ataryna
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Adam's Inn is a delightful place to stay. Affordable rates for simple, homey accommodations in a really interesting neighborhood, it is within easy walking distance of the main thoroughfare of the Adam's Morgan neighborhood with all it's great restaurants and interesting shops. A classic B&B it offers charming, clean rooms and personable staff who provided great flexibility with our late check-in needs.It is on a pleasant and quiet street.It is not a luxury hotel, by any means, but the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, the staff is friendly and the wifi works well. My partner was able to get his sports fix via the big TV in one of the communal areas. There is a nice variety of simple breakfast options and the coffee is good. This was our second stay at Adam's Inn and we will be back. We were on a couples visit to see family and it was a perfect place to stay for both our transportation and romantic needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple