“It was Fun”

US$42.00*
Washington DC Essential Hop-On Hop-Off plus Bonus Tour
Ranked #61 of 450 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just a wax museum! Madame Tussauds Washington D.C. is a fully interactive experience, where visitors are able to touch, see and hear historical icons and celebrities in a way unlike any other Washington D.C. attraction.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a very interesting place. The celebrities looked real. My 7 yr old had a ball. The line to take a picture with the President and First Lady was very long. It was so crowed, there were a few people in my pictures I didn't know, however (those were deleted). Overall, we had a good time. I won't complain.

**Tip: We went on the Bus Tour to get in free.

Madame T, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Wonderful to hear that you and your child had a fun time and enjoyed the lifelike quality of our wax figures. We apologize for the crowd issue you encounted and will note. Thank you for your feedback and for visiting Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C.

There are newer reviews for Madame Tussauds DC

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Went on bus tour to the museum that is located in downtown DC...being Washington, the majority of the displays were presidents, some standing alone, others with an interesting background such as Kennedy coming off Air Force 1, George Washington in a boat, Lincoln at Ford's Theater (good picture ops). Remainder were divided between sport figures and other celebrities and notables (like Churchill). Some of figures were extremely "life-like". Albert Einstein at chalk board and Tiger Woods putting were interesting. About every 15-minutes, movie describes the process of making wax figures. Small gift shop attached. Attractions located down flight of stair but elevator is available. Nice diversion. Children learning about these historical figures may find this attraction extremely interesting.

Madame T, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for the feedback. It's great to know that you felt the figures were life-like, as that is something that Madame Tussauds prides itself on. Thank you again for your feedback and for visiting Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have always wanted to see a wax museum and decided to take advantage of a Groupon while I was in DC. I'm not sure I would have paid full price for this museum, but it was entertaining and fun to see the wax figures. They are totally realistic! Some of the faces had very tiny capillaries and the hair seemed so life-like, especially the scraggly eyelashes on the men! I enjoyed the presidents but was really hoping for more celebrities or sports figures. The staff was friendly and courteous. It was a nice change from the more serious historical attractions.

Madame T, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for visiting Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C. and for leaving feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the figures and felt that they were very lifelike, of course, we will definetly note your feedback regarding having more celebrity figures. Thank you again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Maybe my expectations were too high when I went there!

The attraction is over 80% presidents and important persons in US History. The 20% is Tom Cruise, Samuel Jackson, Rhianna, Beyonce, Justin Bieber, etc.

The figures are extremely life like.

The staff was so disinterested in being there and it was extremely obvious they were waiting to go home. I went at noon on a Saturday!

If you want to get your picture with President Obama you have to get them to take your photo and pay for it!

Walk several blocks to the Smithsonians and get in for free.

Madame T, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

We are saddened to hear that your expectations were not met and we apologize profusely for the customer service issues you experienced on your visit. We will most certainly make note of your comments in order to improve. That said, we are very pleased to know that you felt the figures were highly lifelike. We thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have always wanted to visit a Madame Tussauds, and I finally got the chance while visiting DC. I had so much fun here! My wife and I got to interact with so many different "celebrities" and got great pictures. That was the best part of the whole thing! There was even a bus seat that shook and a man yelled at you, letting you see how Rosa Parks felt. There is also a place to get your hand made from wax. The gentleman took mine and my wife's hand mold while we held hands. He then dipped in colored wax to make it rainbow. He was definitely good at his job. All in all, it is a must see when traveling to DC.

Madame T, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for leaving a review. We always love to hear feedback from our guests. Very pleased to know that you particularly enjoyed the interactive element of our attraction, as well as the customer service you experienced in the wax hand area. These are two things we really pride ourselves on, so we are very happy to see that you enjoyed these things. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!