“Takes only 1 hour to see all figures”
Review of Madame Tussauds DC

US$42.00*
Washington DC Essential Hop-On Hop-Off plus Bonus Tour
Ranked #61 of 450 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just a wax museum! Madame Tussauds Washington D.C. is a fully interactive experience, where visitors are able to touch, see and hear historical icons and celebrities in a way unlike any other Washington D.C. attraction.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Have always wanted to visit Madame Tussauds so I was disappointed by this , its a small place the size is deceptive, has a lot of winding turns to make you think the museum is larger than it is , the wax figures were entertaining but not worth the money took us less than 1 hour to visit this place, and I paid for 2 tickets 25, on a groupon offer, SAVE your money go to the REAL museums in D.C for FREE.

Thank FINDS2FLIP4 .
TAlvich, General Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for visiting Madame Tussauds in Washington DC. I am sorry that you felt that you didn't receive the best value for your money. While we are a small attraction, we are always adding figures other interactive experiences. Please check back with us or visit our website regularly for updates to our attraction. Thank you for taking the time to review Madame Tussauds DC - your opinion means a lot to us!

There are newer reviews for Madame Tussauds DC

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Okay, so I think I have a picture of me with all of the presidents and all of the stars. What fun....but were they really that short or am I just tall? You do ned to allow yourself a lot of time to go through here and it is best if not completely crowded as you end up going through too quickly.

1  Thank Debbie812
Madame T, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Glad you had fun taking pictures with our figures! And regarding the height, all figures are made to scale, either through sittings with the celebrity or research. Thank you for your feedback and for stopping by!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a very interesting place. The celebrities looked real. My 7 yr old had a ball. The line to take a picture with the President and First Lady was very long. It was so crowed, there were a few people in my pictures I didn't know, however (those were deleted). Overall, we had a good time. I won't complain.

**Tip: We went on the Bus Tour to get in free.

Wonderful to hear that you and your child had a fun time and enjoyed the lifelike quality of our wax figures. We apologize for the crowd issue you encounted and will note. Thank you for your feedback and for visiting Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Went on bus tour to the museum that is located in downtown DC...being Washington, the majority of the displays were presidents, some standing alone, others with an interesting background such as Kennedy coming off Air Force 1, George Washington in a boat, Lincoln at Ford's Theater (good picture ops). Remainder were divided between sport figures and other celebrities and notables (like Churchill). Some of figures were extremely "life-like". Albert Einstein at chalk board and Tiger Woods putting were interesting. About every 15-minutes, movie describes the process of making wax figures. Small gift shop attached. Attractions located down flight of stair but elevator is available. Nice diversion. Children learning about these historical figures may find this attraction extremely interesting.

Madame T, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for the feedback. It's great to know that you felt the figures were life-like, as that is something that Madame Tussauds prides itself on. Thank you again for your feedback and for visiting Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have always wanted to see a wax museum and decided to take advantage of a Groupon while I was in DC. I'm not sure I would have paid full price for this museum, but it was entertaining and fun to see the wax figures. They are totally realistic! Some of the faces had very tiny capillaries and the hair seemed so life-like, especially the scraggly eyelashes on the men! I enjoyed the presidents but was really hoping for more celebrities or sports figures. The staff was friendly and courteous. It was a nice change from the more serious historical attractions.

Madame T, Guest Relations Manager at Madame Tussauds DC, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for visiting Madame Tussauds Washington, D.C. and for leaving feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the figures and felt that they were very lifelike, of course, we will definetly note your feedback regarding having more celebrity figures. Thank you again.