“Great food, atmosphere and service”
Review of Proof

Proof
Reserve with OpenTable
Proof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 3,261 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 8th and G
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro
Westfield, New Jersey
“Great food, atmosphere and service”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I suppose the one negative is the giant wine list, which is somewhat overwhelming and challenging to maneuver. Otherwise, this is a great place. It is very expensive, so be prepared for spending a good amount.
It was two of us. We shared the Boston bib lettuce salad. It was large enough for two and delicious. I had the duck breast on risotto. Exceptional. I asked for the duck to be cooked medium rare and it was down exactly as I requested. The risotto was possibly the best or one of the best risotto I have had. My companion had the grilled tofu. Who would have thought of having tofu for a main meal? It came with grilled vegetables. I got to taste it and it was delicious!

I highly recommend this restaurant.

Washington DC
“comfortable for foodies”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Proof is a cool spot that hits the sweet spot between fabulous food and warm service. The quinoa salad is the best i ever had. But all in our party liked each different salad. Halibut a great choice in the fish line. My husband liked the hangar steak- actually truly properly med rare. Joseph, the sommelier, is fun and knowledgable about small, fresh wine selections. Made the evening fun. Don't forget to try the warm sticky toffee pudding. excellent. Even the manager stopped by to say hello. And I've now experienced 3 waiters- all of whom hustled, yet were remarkable attentive. Our new favorite before theater, although it's a shame to cut the night short- make the restaurant your entertainment. Fun crowd. Plus- they take reservations, and check ahead. That's important to us.

Portland, Oregon
“Fun”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Was here for a business event, and all the food and wines were picked for us ahead of time, but everything we had was great. I tried a couple of varieties of wines I'd never heard of prior to visiting there. Lovely time, good food, friendly staff.

• Visited April 2014
Washington DC
“Decent Restaurant Near Verizon Place”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had the tasting menu here and it was ok. The portions were large for a tasting menu. I like the atmosphere. Nice bar and outside. Great place to eat before a concert at Verizon.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Proof is one of those places that you don't want to tell others about because you want to keep the secret to yourself. Well, I visited again recently and feel that they deserve my praise. I will keep going back even if I have to make reservations ahead of time. Drinks and selection are fantastic, service is very good, with top notch sommeliers and servers, Food is great and just melts in your mouth. Fair pricing. Just a great place!