“The nicest waitstaff!”
Review of Proof

Proof
Reserve with OpenTable
Proof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 3,342 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 8th and G
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro
Reviewed 2 June 2014

It's nice to be able to be seated early when you could only get a reservation for 8PM and you have an event to attend at 9:15. This was our case and the hostess was sweet about it. Bam. We were in. Our waitress was lovely and our glasses were never empty. The food was elegant and nicely presented. I would go back here in a hot second!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to Proof last Friday night. The menu was excellent, the wine selection was fantastic, and the service with knowledgeable, attentive and really pleasant. The atmosphere is pretty cool and nice/casual. Loved this place - and will come back when I return to DC!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went for a birthday dinner and the food, the service and the whole experience was outstanding. Let them pick the cheeses for you - we tried some new things we probably never would have picked on our own. And the honey that went with the cheese platter was incredible. The appetizers were large and we probably could have shared so we wouldn't have been so stuffed. For the main course, the duck and the lamb were both unbelievably delicious. The sticky toffee pudding was good but way more dense and rich than what I've had elsewhere. It was too much for one person but saved pretty well for the next day. They get pretty packed, so we went on the early end to avoid being overwhelmed.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I can't remember how I came across this restaurant, but my husband and I had dinner here the other night and it was excellent. We shared the charcuterie platter, which had a great variety of flavors. We each tried something off the first and seconds list on the menu, and I wished I could have tried more as there were so many amazing choices. The cocktail list was also excellent. I would definitely come back to this restaurant on another trip to DC.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I suppose the one negative is the giant wine list, which is somewhat overwhelming and challenging to maneuver. Otherwise, this is a great place. It is very expensive, so be prepared for spending a good amount.
It was two of us. We shared the Boston bib lettuce salad. It was large enough for two and delicious. I had the duck breast on risotto. Exceptional. I asked for the duck to be cooked medium rare and it was down exactly as I requested. The risotto was possibly the best or one of the best risotto I have had. My companion had the grilled tofu. Who would have thought of having tofu for a main meal? It came with grilled vegetables. I got to taste it and it was delicious!

I highly recommend this restaurant.