“Exceptional!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

vacatione...
PA
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed 7 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

I am a constant vacation home renter. This was my first time on Flip Key and I was hesitant. When I first saw this review tab, I was saddened that there weren’t any. I was worried about the place. I do not write reviews easily and I am very frank in them because what bothers you may not me and vice versa.

I was unfamiliar with DC and traveling with my family including my husband, parents and three children (infant included). This place called out to us because of how near it was to Union Station which was our hub. We vacationed for one week in July.

Managers: Denisa was amazing! I swear she got back to my every e-mail minutes later. She was helpful and ready for all our needs. When we arrived, we met her daughter, Lorena, another wonderful and extremely helpful woman. This family was wonderful to work with. Not a problem at all!

Location: The house was so easy to get to. GPS did its job! There is a small parking lot in the back, however, we had more than enough room for our large SUV! We didn’t leave much on it anyway :). At one time, there were painters coming through that asked us to move our vehicles (to where!). A lovely neighbor (we always make friends with the neighbors.. good tip!..) lent us one of his spaces as we were leaving for the whole day. The Giant (which was HUGE) was literally a 10 minute beautiful walk, but it HAS A PARKING GARAGE if you want to drive! We took advantage of a few restaurants close by- The Toscana (great manager), a Sports Bar, and Coffee shop. UNION STATION! We were about maybe two blocks away- maybe. It was so great after a long day to return to Union Station and know that your walk is not far!

House: The managers were so gracious to us on arrival. We arrived early and they allowed us to bring in our things and put them out of the way. We then went out to lunch and by then cleaning was finished. It was so kind of them to allow that! It got us all out of the car and we didn’t have to hide! Lorena gave us a tour and we were ready. The kitchen was beautiful: huge fridge, cooking utensils (Denisa: you may want to get a few cooking spoons like wooden ones. It was hard to cook with only one spoon :) easy fix!) Coffee maker, plenty of counter space. Dining room was huge! Great and comfy living room. Down stairs bathroom- clean and normal :) The bedrooms of the house surprisingly large! The closets too! For an older home- I wasn’t expecting this. The beds were quite comfortable with added padding on them. The two upstairs bathrooms were clean and had great water pressure! (That’s the kind of stuff I notice). The air conditioner took some time to cool down. But that wasn’t anything to us. July is hot! And it takes time for the air to catch up. We bring fans on vacation so all the bedrooms had one and did the trick for us, nicely! We brought strollers and scooters to deal with and the house had plenty of room to store them outside. No one bothered them :) The house has LOTS of personal treasures and knick-nacks throughout and with my three little monsters- I quickly put them up before they were touched. I hope I put them back correctly :) The house was decorated with just the right amount of comfy furniture- nice to see. Sometimes houses can be overwhelmed with personal taste. Wi-Fi worked like a champ!

Flip Key worked like a charm! All payments received and documented and security deposit refunded!

This was a great home! And at the price with what you get- it’s a steal!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location!
Liked least: Creaky stairs- but that's style and history :)
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing