The BW Gerogetown was a generally satisfying experience. Staff pleasant and helpful, good room size, usable kitchenette, good value, free wi-fi, convenient location, etc., but I can't get over the awkwardness of the arrangement of my room, #803.
A comfortable chair...placed directly in front of the closet so I had either to move the chair or reach deep into the closet just to use it; a pull-out sofa, good for extra guests...directly in front of a large, low air conditioner, making it awkward to open and close the curtains of the largest window in the room; a toilet paper dispenser...placed so awkwardly that it could only have been less convenient if they had installed it in the living room.
I don't want readers to get the impression that they shouldn't stay here. Again, it's a good value with a convenient location. (Also, the room was very, very clean, so thanks to Housekeeping, the most thankless job in any hotel.) But what can they have been thinking with the room arrangement? On the surface it may seem minor, but it was the difference between a decent stay and a good one.
BTW, full props to the front desk. They were helpful and pleasant. I zipped down to pick up some toothpaste (thanks!) and the young man behind the counter was handing some difficult guests with aplomb, a sign of good management and training. Overall, I liked the BW Georgetown and would stay again in similar circumstances, but oh, that awkward room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the secure, exclusive downtown Georgetown neighborhood, close to the White House, Dupont Circle, World Bank, George Washington University & more. Convenient walk to 3 METRO Stations & more than 50 restaurants within 3 blocks Easy access to museums, monuments & all sightseeing points of interest Walk to famous Embassy Row & numerous international embassies Shopping & entertainment right at your doorstep Just a short walk to numerous art galleries! SUPERB ACCOMMODATIONS & SERVICES All 76 elegant guestrooms are spacious suites with separate living room & bedroom areas Equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee-maker, iron/ironing board & hairdryer Recently renovated bathrooms with beautiful blue pearl vanities, tiles & foyers The new Business Center is well equipped for your on-the-road office needs 500 Square feet of flexible meeting space available for up to 30 people Free high-speed wireless internet access in all guestrooms Free day passes for LA Fitness Center nearby ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Georgetown Inn West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Georgetown Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Best Western Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Best Western