“NO CLIMATE CONTROL!”

Ranked #87 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Charleston, South Carolina
“NO CLIMATE CONTROL!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

BEWARE, This hotel has no climate control. We stayed there 2 weeks ago and thankfully there was a cool breeze on an unexpected warm weekend so I opened a window . In the winter there is only heat, summer only cool. NO thermostat in the room. The front desk manager had no time for me and responded to my complaint with disdain. The bar staff was equally as incompetent. Never again!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
1 Thank james l
GeorgetownGM, General Manager at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We regret that our facilities and services did not exceed your expectations. However, currently we are replacing our entire heating ventilation and air conditioning systems with a personalized climate control system to ensure that future guests will have more enjoyable experiences at our hotel. We hope to win back your confidence as we move forward with this project and other improvements to our hotel. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel is old but if you want a good deal that is walking to Georgetown shops then this the hotel for you. but expect that the hotel is a bit outdated and needs a renovation.

Good restaurant downstairs, The Daily Grill.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. Your feedback is vital to our continued success and we are very interested in your opinion as we move forward with the necessary improvements to our hotel. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We had a large king room and the bed was great, as were the linens. The bathroom, not so much. The toilet was very low and the shower had a small low square tub area as the base...would be good for bathing my dog but not for anything else. The shower was weak. There were two rooms with our room number, which was confusing. The elevators are very shabby and there is no help getting a taxi, so load Uber on your phone before you go. Location, great and price moderate, which earned the average rating.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced comments about your most recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. Your assessment means a great deal to all of us at The Georgetown Inn. We are pleased that your visit to Georgetown and the nation's capital was an overall success! All of us at The Georgetown Inn will certainly look forward to your future visits. In the meantime, we will continue to work hard toward improving our facilities and services. Thank you, again!
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Pros
Spacious room
Good free Wifi
Windows can be opened,noise level relatively low if facing the back of the hotel
Price OK
Good location for Georgetown
Cons
No concierge
Bathroom antiquated
No lounge to speak of downstairs
No newspapers
Restaurant offers mediocre food and poor service
Altogether deserves 3 1/2 stars but the rating system does not allow for it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your thoughtful balance sheet of pros and cons regarding your most recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. Your feedback means a great deal to all of us at The Georgetown Inn. We are very interested in our guests' opinions as we move forward with the necessary improvements to our hotel. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again sometime soon in the future.
Providence
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I've stayed here several times. One things has improved: the television is now fully up to date, with HD sets and HD signal.
The bathrooms are still very small and this time I had a fairly serious plumbing problem.

I have no trouble with street noise while I'm here, but YMMV because I grew up in a noisy city.

The location makes the Georgetown Inn worth returning to for me (no real alternative), but it really isn't in good shape, and on the whole it seems to me to be declining.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GeorgetownGM, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for your comments -- we appreciate your choosing The Georgetown Inn for your visit to Georgetown. In many ways, we are actually "on the rise" as we conclude an extensive project to replace our entire air conditioning system with an advanced personalized climate control system. Thank you for noting the enriched high definition on our over-sized flat screen TV's. These are just two examples of many initiatives now underway to focus on greater guest satisfaction. With these improvements combined with our reputation for excellent customer service, we are very pleased that we can count on your continued support and enjoyment.
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Given my fond memories of Georgetown as an undergrad, I felt a sense of loyalty towards the Georgetown Inn. Unfortunately that loyalty was tested when I came down for wedding and stayed at the Inn. Upon discovering my TV and half the lights in my room didn't work, I asked for an upgrade. The guy at the front desk was nice enough and "upgraded" me to an adjacent room with a tv that actually worked. The bathrooms are out of the 70's. I practically broke my arm trying to get the sink faucet to turn on. The same scenario went for the shower. I was hoping that would be the end of it, until I attempted to fall asleep. The noise outside my window made it impossible to sleep (given I had a street view). When I called down to the front desk for earplugs, the lady was downright rude and said they A) did not have earplugs and B) are a hotel situated in the center of Georgetown so that was to be expected. I responded that they should then be prepared with earplugs for their guests. The noise was so bad that I had to get out of bed and make a CVS run at 1am. Not my ideal scenario after an exhausting week at work. Additionally, given the hotel is out of date, the price should be considerably lower than it is- they charge as much as the Ritz (which I highly recommend). If you're looking for a nice hotel with a great price I recommend the Georgetown Suites on campus. I stayed there after my abysmal Georgetown Inn experience. Luckily THAT was the Georgetown experience I was looking for, without the noise!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
GeorgetownGM, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We regret that our facilities and services did not meet or exceed your expectations during November of 2012. However, there have been many improvements since that date such as the installation of a new high speed internet service, new 37-inch high definition televisions in all guestrooms and other similar upgrades. Currently, we are replacing our entire heating ventilation and air conditioning systems to ensure that future guests will have more enjoyable experiences at our hotel. We hope to win back your trust as we move forward with this project and other necessary improvements to our hotel. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

The Georgetown Inn was most likely a very nice hotel at one point but it's day has passed. My stay here was disappointing at best. My room was incredibly small and the furniture was old. The bathroom was so small you had to nearly be in the shower to close the door. Luckily the shower door opened into the shower. I thought this might be to accommodate the bathroom door turns out if the shower door didn't push into the shower you could not have opened it far enough to actually get in. In addition the air conditioner had been turned off and the room was unbearably hot. I advised the front desk and they unapologetically informed me the air was off for the season. I asked if anything could be done to cool the room and a member of the engineering staff came and opened the window. Oh yea, the TV didn't work either. With so many other choices in Georgetown I will go elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Georgetown Inn. We are disappointed that our facilities and services did not meet or exceed your expectations especially the air conditioning situation. However, we have recently undertaken a vast project to replace our current heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system so that our future guests will have much more enjoyable experiences. In the meantime, we are very interested in your opinion as we move forward with this project and other necessary improvements to our hotel. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.